What's new

KOC Was Planning To Trade D-Will All Along?

Scat

Apparently KOC had targeted what he wanted from both NYK and NJN and was just waiting to see who lost out on the Melo deal. I'm guessing KOC was planning this even before the Sloan blowup. And if this was the case, he certainly had to let Sloan know about it, right?

https://nbaconfidential.wordpress.c...-have-gone-to-new-york-instead-of-new-jersey/

https://probasketballtalk.nbcsports...liams-almost-became-a-knick-instead-of-‘melo/

As (Jazz GM Kevin) O’Connor told (Knicks president Donnie) Walsh approximately an hour before the game and would later repeat in an interview with NBA Confidential, he targeted the Nets’ and Knicks’ assets and decided to play the waiting game. Somebody would lose in the Anthony sweepstakes, and that team would immediately hear from O’Connor to discuss a marvelous Plan B….

While Walsh is certainly thrilled to land Anthony, he admitted the notion of landing Williams would have been appealing had he known he was on the market. Asked if things might have turned out differently if he was privy to that information, Walsh said with a shrug when asked by NBA Confidential, “it might have.”

Interesting...

Yeah, and Jerry saw the light, that not only didn't he want to put up with the b.s., but that he didn't have the energy to endure a total rebuilding period.

KOC is a damned if you do, damned if you don't GM for some Jazzfanz. If nothing happens at the trade deadline he's a deadbeat GM, he makes a trade that helps us signifcantly for the future and it's a conspiracy that he was plotting all along.

Sheesh.

To some Jazz fans, KOC can do nothing and still be great. Or he can trade away a franchise player to rebuild instead of getting him help and still be great. Nice.

Now it's finally revealed KOC was merely playing the waiting game on the loser of the Knicks/Nets Melodrama all along. Imagine if the Nets had won, there'd be no Favors and possible lotto pick, but Gallinari and Felton and late 1st round picks. Sloan had his disagreements with Deron but he wasn't up for either rebuilding scenario.

Did the Nets offer a better deal than the Knicks?

If the Nets offered a better deal, why did Denver go with the Knicks?

Did the Nets offer a better deal than the Knicks?

If the Nets offered a better deal, why did Denver go with the Knicks?
Melo didn't want to go to NJ and wouldn't have signed an extension and NJ (or any potential trading team) didn't want him unless he agreed to sign an extension.

Yeah, and Jerry saw the light, that not only didn't he want to put up with the b.s., but that he didn't have the energy to endure a total rebuilding period.

Yup, I have been wondering about this for awhile: maybe Sloan retired because Deron was going to be traded, not because he had troubles with Deron. "You're going to trade away my best player? Well, that does it I am out of here. Get my John Deere warmed up."