What's new

Kristaps Porzingis

Chris

If 1, 2, 3 is Towns, Okafor, and Russell, and NYK is actually in the market for a trade...

Utah trades: Trey Burke, Alec Burks, #12, 2016 First Rounder

New York trades: #4, with which the Jazz take Kristaps Porzingis.

The more I see this kid, the more I like what he already is and what I believe he can become. He matches a lot of what we need and can justifiably get the minutes he'll need, beginning this season, in order to reach his potential that much more quickly.

As for what we're giving up, Trey and Alec are both expendable in my eyes. They both still have value in a trade. Including this year's #12 is the only way the trade gets done, and I reckon next year's 1st rounder will be somewhere in the low 20s range, so no big loss. And I think there's enough value there overall for NYK to bite.

Losing Favors would defeat much of the purpose. Kris isn't elite defensively but seems to be competent. He needs to be part of a 3-big rotation where he can be a stretch big who can rely on the other big to bail him out from time to time till he gets better defensively.

A.k.a. We still need Favors.

And NYK needs first round draft picks, along with some guys who can play now. I think this trade works for them. If not, throw in some second rounders or the 2017 GSW pick. Probably won't have much value anyway.

I think it's more likely the knicks make a trade with Denver if they move back. Porzingis, Nurkic, would be the start of their rebuild and they are still likely to unload some obviously disgruntled players.

New York would probably do it for Favors. Not sure what the Jazz would say. It could go either way.

This just isn't happening. Might as well dump Hayward at the same time and give in to a long term rebuild, which would be stupid after the way the team just turned the corner. I think you are underestimating the current situation of the team by suggesting Utah would even consider that.

I don't think it would be worth it to trade up to 4. The Jazz are sitting at a pretty good position right now.

This just isn't happening. Might as well dump Hayward at the same time and give in to a long term rebuild, which would be stupid after the way the team just turned the corner. I think you are underestimating the current situation of the team by suggesting Utah would even consider that.

Well, the future of the Jazz still depends on Gobert and Exum both reaching close to their potential over the next couple years. We're still in a rebuild as it is. We have turned the corner so-to-speak if the goal is getting to the #5 or #6 seed in the west, but if the goal is a little higher, I could see the Jazz take one more swing for the fence.

Exum, Hood, Hayward, Porzingis and Gobert is a pretty nice unit, with Hayward being the veteran leader of sorts.

Well, the future of the Jazz still depends on Gobert and Exum both reaching close to their potential over the next couple years. We're still in a rebuild as it is. We have turned the corner so-to-speak if the goal is getting to the #5 or #6 seed in the west, but if the goal is a little higher, I could see the Jazz take one more swing for the fence.

Exum, Hood, Hayward, Porzingis and Gobert is a pretty nice unit, with Hayward being the veteran leader of sorts.

Then we have no bench. Can Porzingis and Gobert play next to each other? Favors is only going to improve too.

I will say this: Keeping Favors and drafting Turner is safer and probably more sensible than trading Favors and drafting Porzingis.

I like Porzingis as much as the next guy, but he's not KG and he's not KD. He doesn't have that kind of handle, body control or fast-twitch athleticism. The empty-gym workout format is making him look formidable, but he has to get a lot stronger and he has to be crafty if he's going to score on Gobert or Favors. A more reasonable expectation for him is Mirotic or Kukoc, imo, though he's a bit bigger.

If we traded up to 4, I'm not targeting Kristaps Porzingis. Dudes got Bust potential written all over him.

If we traded up to 4, I'm not targeting Kristaps Porzingis. Dudes got Bust potential written all over him.

While I disagree about Porzingis, I agree that if we traded up I wouldn't target him at 4. I would go after Russell (which if he is there, the Knicks aren't trading the pick).

While I disagree about Porzingis, I agree that if we traded up I wouldn't target him at 4. I would go after Russell (which if he is there, the Knicks aren't trading the pick).

I will be stunned, and will laugh if Russell goes after Kristaps. Okafor shouldn't even go before Russell.

I will be stunned, and will laugh if Russell goes after Kristaps. Okafor shouldn't even go before Russell.

I agree lol, but despite all the hype about Porzingis, I think Philadelphia takes Russell at 3.

But if Russell goes 2 I could see them taking Porzingis and Okafor falling to New York at 4.

I agree lol, but despite all the hype about Porzingis, I think Philadelphia takes Russell at 3.

But if Russell goes 2 I could see them taking Porzingis and Okafor falling to New York at 4.

I can see Kristaps going before Okafor, but I don't think either are in the top5. I think Mudiay, Mario, Johnson, and Winslow should go before them