What's new

Kristen Kenney Out

campaignist

I don’t know if this was mentioned last night but KK is done, apparently. I haven’t seen a reason given.

Interesting. I wonder what she is doing?

This is only tangentially related, but during a recent broadcast they were showing John Stockton's shot, I believe, and she said she wasn't even born yet. That can't be right. I had assumed she was in her 30s, but she must be unfamiliar with when this happened because if she weren't born in '97 and let's pretend she were born in '98, then that would mean that she started doing this job for the Jazz when she was like 16.

This is usually how this stuff works. The people in those positions arent looking to be small market sideline reporters their whole life.

Plus, the local broadcast season is over after the 1st round. It's all national now. It's not weird timing.

This is only tangentially related, but during a recent broadcast they were showing John Stockton's shot, I believe, and she said she wasn't even born yet. That can't be right. I had assumed she was in her 30s, but she must be unfamiliar with when this happened because if she weren't born in '97 and let's pretend she were born in '98, then that would mean that she started doing this job for the Jazz when she was like 16.
Yeah, I thought that was weird. She's def not in her early 20s.

Well hopefully she’s on to better things... she was fine... she knows little to nothing about basketball. She seems like a good person and she was way less cringy than Steve brown.
They're bringing back Steve Brown. He's getting by on a technicality when they asked for more Brown people.

Her contract is probably up. This year the timing was off because of COVID. A lot of times radio or TV personalities go into the ether and the explanation is that their contract expired and the on air person and/or broadcaster couldn't come to terms on a new one.

This is usually how this stuff works. The people in those positions arent looking to be small market sideline reporters their whole life.

Plus, the local broadcast season is over after the 1st round. It's all national now. It's not weird timing.
She also has her fitness stuff and I get the feeling her interests are much broader than basketball.

I do think if you are bringing in a sideline reporter that person should be a person who knows basketball. I’m sure if she is moving on that it was kind of a mutual parting of ways scenario. I liked her but we could do better.

Yeah. That doesn't add up. She's like 36 or 37, I believe, having graduated from high school in 2002. So, you're right that she would have been alive for it. If she doesn't remember, which is understandable as she's not from Utah, it's because she didn't see it.

I wonder if her saying she wasn't alive was her way of kind of making herself younger than she really is. That seems to be common among women actors and personalities (and really an awful double-standard).

She also has her fitness stuff and I get the feeling her interests are much broader than basketball.

I do think if you are bringing in a sideline reporter that person should be a person who knows basketball. I’m sure if she is moving on that it was kind of a mutual parting of ways scenario. I liked her but we could do better.
Personally it has zero impact on how much I enjoy a broadcast. Steve Brown/Kristen Kenny might as well be the same person for all I care.

It's stuck in my head how in her first season she once began her post game with Rudy following some late game heroics from him:

"R-U-D-Y-G-O-B-E-R-T"

It was a hot moment, as if they just had sex.

The attractive innocence she brought to DM's rookie year was way cool.

She was joking

She may just be moving to other full-time work. Though I thought she was competent, it's an easy position to fill.

Well hopefully she’s on to better things... she was fine... she knows little to nothing about basketball. She seems like a good person and she was way less cringy than Steve brown.
A low bar for sure, but yeah, I thought she was perfectly fine in her role too.

She always seemed to love the spotlight of the job
She won't get that any where else
Makes me wonder what happened to end her career