What's new

KSLSports.com - Woj Bomb: PGA Tour Golfer Tony Finau Flips Allegiance From Lakers To Jazz, Ryan Smith

K

Kyle Ireland

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – ESPN NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski broke the news that PGA Tour golfer Tony Finau is no longer a fan of the Los Angeles Lakers after changing his allegiance to the Utah Jazz and new team owner Ryan Smith.

Related Links

Prior to the switch, Finau, a native of Salt Lake City, had been a proud fan of the purple and gold.

Wojnarowski discussed the move in a video posted on social media by Finau before Utah’s 2020-21 season-opener.

The Blazers hosted the Jazz on Wednesday, December 23.

Last season, Finau’s former team won the NBA title.

Wearing a #45 Donovan Mitchell Utah Jazz Icon Edition jersey on Wednesday night, Finau replied to Wojnarowsi’s message with talks of a championship in Utah.

“Thanks @wojespn!! Too good! The @Lakers organization has been great to me and I want to thank them for all the amazing moments over the years. But it’s time to come home! I am excited to be part of an exciting new era in @utahjazz history,” Finau tweeted. “I know that my brother @RyanQualtrics will do everything he can to bring an NBA Championship to our great state! Let’s get it, Utah!! Go Jazz!

I know that my brother @RyanQualtrics will do everything he can to bring an NBA Championship to our great state! Let’s get it, Utah!! Go Jazz!
1f64c-1f3fe.png
1f4af.png
1f919-1f3fe.png
pic.twitter.com/ECPnQf7bB1

— Tony Finau Golf (@tonyfinaugolf) December 24, 2020

Smith shared Wojnarowski’s message about Finau’s new fandom and said, “Too good… let’s go.”

Too Good…. let’s go https://t.co/Fy8qBEv8Pn

— Ryan Smith (@RyanQualtrics) December 24, 2020

Utah’s game against Portland will be Smith’s first regular season game as the franchise’s owner. He officially became the team’s majority owner earlier on December 18.

The Jazz vs. Blazers game is broadcast on AT&T SportsNet, NBA League Pass, and 97.5 FM.

Full story from KSLSports.com...