Kyrie Irving vs. Brandon Knight

Knight or Irving?

• Knight

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Irving

Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters

Golfman

It is very possible the Kyrie Irving and Brandon Knight fall to #3.

Who would we rather have? Have we seen enough of Irving to be confident he's the better selection?

How is Irving better? Knight and Irving have essential IDENTICAL stats, and Knight did that over 38 games instead of 11 and against much better competition. Please, tell me how Irving is better.

Irving also split time with Smith so teams couldn't focus on just him. Not saying Knight is better but he was THE pg on KU. At the same time, could that have hindered Irving?

How is Irving better? Knight and Irving have essential IDENTICAL stats, and Knight did that over 38 games instead of 11 and against much better competition. Please, tell me how Irving is better.

Not sure if serious...

Just curious why Kemba Walker isn't even mentioned anywhere on this site. Am I missing something?

Because he is way to small. Think Millsap at the pg position. Do you really want someone shorter than you running our pg position?

Because he is way to small. Think Millsap at the pg position. Do you really want someone shorter than you running our pg position?

Hmm... What is he, 6 ft? That is a little short but there have been some great 6 footers in the NBA. Is there something else he is lacking?

Hmm... What is he, 6 ft? That is a little short but there have been some great 6 footers in the NBA. Is there something else he is lacking?

I heard on the radio or the combine that he is a lot closer to 5 ft 8 than 6 ft. I guess we will see when the measurements come out though.

Dead serious. Since you know, please tell me how Irving is better.
I can only point out what experts like Ford had to say.

Upside is a poor man's Chris Paul. Which isn't bad for this weak draft.

-Good shooter
-Pure point guard(unlike Knight who is considered more of a combo guard)
-Tough defender
-High BB IQ

He didn't play a lot last year so anyone who says the sample size is too small has a point. Anyway, he is going to be a solid PG. BTW, I really like Brandon Knight so I am not just slurping Irving KoolAid.

I can only point out what experts like Ford had to say.

Upside is a poor man's Chris Paul. Which isn't bad for this weak draft.

-Good shooter
-Pure point guard(unlike Knight who is considered more of a combo guard)
-Tough defender
-High BB IQ

He didn't play a lot last year so anyone who says the sample size is too small has a point. Anyway, he is going to be a solid PG. BTW, I really like Brandon Knight so I am not just slurping Irving KoolAid.

I completely agree with you. I just don't see how some people can say Irving is a top three pick and Knight isn't. They both have bright futures, and neither would be a bad pick. The Jazz just have to see if there is a better pick out there at #3.

I completely agree with you. I just don't see how some people can say Irving is a top three pick and Knight isn't. They both have bright futures, and neither would be a bad pick. The Jazz just have to see if there is a better pick out there at #3.

It's not that Knight doesn't have the talent to be a top 3 pick in this draft. He does. It's just that you can probably get him at 5 because the Cavs don't want to draft 2 PGs(unless they hire Kahn) and the Wolves pick will be used by them or another team to draft Williams or Kanter. If we want to get Knight then we should trade down.

I think Brandon Knight can become an All Star, but I think at this stage it would be a big mistake to pass on Irving for Knight. Irving is going to be an ideal floor leader and franchise PG.

Irving. And it's not even close.

There IS a chance Knight ends up being better. That's how it works with the draft generally, and how young these kids are specifically.

I heard on the radio or the combine that he is a lot closer to 5 ft 8 than 6 ft. I guess we will see when the measurements come out though.

Okay, there is a huge difference beteen 5'8" and 6'. If he really is that short then I'd say no. But if he is 6' what is the knock on him to rate him lower than Knight? I admit, I haven't seen a lot either, but I looked up highlights of both players and I thought Walker was more impressive. I know, it's only a highlight video...

Yeh this one isn't close. As much as I like Knight's potential(believe he didn't play as good as he could have last year), Irving was truly amazing his freshman season albeit in just 11 games.

Stat that stands out the most:
Efficiency/40 minutes: Irving - 28.4, Knight - 16.2.

Knight was very much disappointing as far as efficiency goes

^^^ True, but Irving played on a veteran team, whereas Knight played on a team that had eactly ONE starter that averaged more than 5 minutes per game the prior year. I'd pick Irving over Knight 8 days a week, but not based on the efficiency of 11 games on a veteran (one year removed from a championship) team.

I like Knight at #3, but if miracle happened and Irving dropped to 3, I think we all would be ecstatic.