What's new

Kyrie Irving

"FO has no spine! Be bold!"

"I would hate it if we signed a fantastic player in free agency"

Y'all can't keep your own logic straight. Suddenly attitude and **** matter? What's the Rubio argument again? Kyrie is way better than Conley. You guys act like you hate the treadmill and then retreat into shells at every potential opportunity (not that this is a real opportunity, but we are talking in hypotheticals here) like you are waiting for Michael Jordan to join the team and be the missing piece. Oh wait you guys probably wouldn't want him because he was mean to teammates.

Can we at least get the logic straight?
The Rubio logic is valid...chemistry DOES matter. But talent does too. In Ricky's case, he isnt so overwhelmingly great on defense that his horrible shooting can be overcome, especially given the other non-shooter the Jazz have in Gobert. As for Irving, he wants to be "the man." That's why he no longer wanted to play alongside Lebron. Jazz already have their alpha in Mitchell. I dont see how those two could co-exist. Jazz need another scorer, not a ball dominant PG.

Yes, if Kyrie wants to join our team, I’m on board. Imagine if we passed on him. Given our track record with free agents, we’d probably be left with signing Isaih Caanan or whatever his name is.

We really needed Paul George. No other player in the league would have meshed as well. Damnit. With PG we'd be well into 1st.

We really needed Paul George. No other player in the league would have meshed as well. Damnit. With PG we'd be well into 1st.

No doubt. You look at certain teams that have taken big time risks - OKC with George, Toronto with Leonard, the 76s - the risks might not work out as planned - but man, as a fan I would be fully on board.

The Jazz? When is the last time they took a swing at something big?

This off season is crucial.

I don't really believe that Kyrie is way better than Conley. Offensively, yes, but otherwise, Conley is superior, as a distributor and defender. So, overall, Kyrie might have a slight edge as most of us agree here that Conley has been underrated his entire career. When you factor in age though Kyrie is a better option. But on the Jazz, so far as chemistry, Conley might be better. It's difficult to say until they actually play for us.
Kyrie is a tier or maybe even 2 above Conley as a player.

And Conley is awesome, Kyrie is just an incredible basketball player, which it seems no one wants to acknowledge around here.

23/5/7 on 50/42/87, magnitudes better and more efficient than Mike. 5 years younger too, there's really no comparison for what each would do for our team.