What's new

Kyrie to Utah?

The guy who always yells at people in front of the grocery store told me LeBron is an alien. So he probably should be investigated. #reliablesources

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The nba offseason is soooo fun. The nba and twitter were made for each other. Trouble is the offseason is too short and the season too long. Next cba they need to add an extra offseason and shorten the contracts to 6 month intervals.

*Portions of this post are sarcasm.

The rumor was started by a Sporting News contributor (which is a reputable source), and has only been refuted by Tony Jones (SL Trib reporter who can't know all the deals the Jazz are discussing).

Just saying...

The rumor was started by a Sporting News contributor (which is a reputable source), and has only been refuted by Tony Jones (SL Trib reporter who can't know all the deals the Jazz are discussing).

Just saying...
Contributors are fans with blogs.It was shown that the deal couldn't even happen because it's illegal. So it appears either the writer made it up or his "source" made it up.

Contributors are fans with blogs.It was shown that the deal couldn't even happen because it's illegal. So it appears either the writer made it up or his "source" made it up.

I think the deal could be done if Cleveland dumped a lot of salary which seems unlikely. So I think it's more like a 1% chance instead of 0%
its-something.jpg

If it was shown to be illegal, I'd like to see a link. So far I've only seen Eric Pincus claim that a hard cap was invoked, which is kind of vague.

From what I can tell, is that it would be illegal as of now, but might legal once next year's cap applies, which is in July.

That particular rumor is half baked. But there was a legit story in the past week that the Cavs were trying to trade for Paul George and Eric Bledsoe, and Kyrie was supposed to move in that reported deal. Link below. It would also make sense for the Jazz to facilitate a deal that sends Paul George to Cleveland, as it keeps him out of Boston and keeps the Celtics from challenging the Cavs.

https://www.google.com/amp/thebigle...commit-long-term-to-cavs-but-was-told-no/amp/

That particular rumor is half baked. But there was a legit story in the past week that the Cavs were trying to trade for Paul George and Eric Bledsoe, and Kyrie was supposed to move in that reported deal. Link below. It would also make sense for the Jazz to facilitate a deal that sends Paul George to Cleveland, as it keeps him out of Boston and keeps the Celtics from challenging the Cavs.

https://www.google.com/amp/thebigle...commit-long-term-to-cavs-but-was-told-no/amp/

Yeah, there's zero doubt in my mind that DL has been trying to help facilitate George to Cleveland. A deal like that is our best bet to grab something shiny with that evaporating cap space.