What's new

Lakers @ Jazz (7:00pm MTN)

I’m sitting in The Philadelphian with my son. We’re headed to the game. Guy asks me, “you guys like the Jazz?” To which I respond, “Yep, we’re headed to the game!” Then he asks, “Do you know how they got their name?” I just stared at him, not sure if there was a punchline or if he was really wanting me to answer the question. “They started in New Orleans. That’s where they got the name. Then they moved here and kept the name.”

Wish I could always get these kind of historical nuggets every time I go out.

I’m sitting in The Philadelphian with my son. We’re headed to the game. Guy asks me, “you guys like the Jazz?” To which I respond, “Yep, we’re headed to the game!” Then he asks, “Do you know how they got their name?” I just stared at him, not sure if there was a punchline or if he was really wanting me to answer the question. “They started in New Orleans. That’s where they got the name. Then they moved here and kept the name.”

Wish I could always get these kind of historical nuggets every time I go out.
He’s now asking the same question to someone else.

Vogel says he expects everyone to play tonight, including Davis.

Good grief please play Brantley tonight. If the kid only grabs 2 rebounds and doesn't dribble it off his foot this board will explode with joy.

Just play him a little... let’s just see what happens.

Just play him a little... let’s just see what happens.
We seriously need some people to throw against elite players. Royce can't guard them for 30 minutes and Brantley could be one of them. Just stay in front and raise a hand up, body up and make them uncomfortable, you don't even need to slow them down. That's where I think his minutes start with and anything else he can do just cements him in the rotation when we eventually cut one of Niang, Morgan or William-Goss.

Conley out hurts.

Mudiay and exum will kill us?

Mudiay is such a bonehead and exum is just lost in the sauce.