What's new

Lakers-Jazz Trade

Bogey could be sent to Phoenix for Crowder + Saric + 2024 unprotected 1st.

Crowder then gets routed to the Lakers with Conley plus their choice of Beasley or Clarkson.

We get Westbrook + Saric + 3 unprotected 1sts.

It all works salary wise around 900k for each team exact matching salary wildly enough.

Bogey could be sent to Phoenix for Crowder + Saric + 2024 unprotected 1st.

Crowder then gets routed to the Lakers with Conley plus their choice of Beasley or Clarkson.

We get Westbrook + Saric + 3 unprotected 1sts.

It all works salary wise around 900k for each team exact matching salary wildly enough.
Sub in Shamet for Saric and I think Phoenix is good. Landry only has 2 years of his 4 year deal guaranteed.

If LA only gives up 1 pick in that scenario then lakers are probably good. Though I don't think Lebron is cool with Jae.

Sub in Shamet for Saric and I think Phoenix is good. Landry only has 2 years of his 4 year deal guaranteed.

If LA only gives up 1 pick in that scenario then lakers are probably good. Though I don't think Lebron is cool with Jae.
I’d do it. Maybe we keep Crowder and they take Conley/Beasley/Clarkson if it’s a problem.

Yes. For the record I’d do the Lakers deal for one pick and if we could get two that’s even better obviously. Maybe we settle for one and a pick swap.
I think Phoenix def needs to do something though. Gotta change the vibes a bit. Not sure Jae is the guy to move but his name been in rumors.

I would also be willing to include Jared Butler (he's an expiring) in any deal, especially if we get Westbrook and Nunn.

Bogey, Conley (they can waive him next Summer if they need the cap space - 5 year stretch it would be only a 2.5 cap hit), Jordan Clarkson, Butler > Westbrook + Nunn + Draft Capital.

The Lakers cap hit next year would be just 15 million (dropping from 52 million the previous year).

I would include Vando if it meant more quality draft capital. But that cap hit would hurt them.

I would also be willing to include Jared Butler (he's an expiring) in any deal, especially if we get Westbrook and Nunn.

Bogey, Conley (they can waive him next Summer if they need the cap space - 5 year stretch it would be only a 2.5 cap hit), Jordan Clarkson, Butler > Westbrook + Nunn + Draft Capital.

The Lakers cap hit next year would be just 15 million (dropping from 52 million the previous year).

I would include Vando if it meant more quality draft capital. But that cap hit would hurt them.
We could get super fancy and pick up Nunn in a TPE. Then do a 5 year stretch (renogiated to substract the minimum) so the Jazz stay under the tax and Nunn is free to resign back with the Lakers at the minimum for the year. This drops their tax bill this year and next. Jeanie Buss loves this player.

We could get super fancy and pick up Nunn in a TPE. Then do a 5 year stretch (renogiated to substract the minimum) so the Jazz stay under the tax and Nunn is free to resign back with the Lakers at the minimum for the year. This drops their tax bill this year and next. Jeanie Buss loves this player.
He couldn’t sign with the Lakers this year.

Feels like a Jazz/Lakers trade is inevitable. I could see it happening any day now.]

View: https://twitter.com/msinger/status/1565797649126756354

I don't know how real Zillgitt's point about the Lakers wanting nothing but expirings back. But if it's true, then that's the problem with the earlier Beverley trade. We could have sent Bogey, Beasley and Beverley as money not owed beyond this coming season, which I think would have almost exactly matched Westbrook. But now we have nothing to do this with. (And because we're so close to the tax and hard capped we have to send out Westbrook-type money).

We could still get there with Bogey, Beasley and Clarkson, I think. But Clarkson may be a no-go for the Lakers since he's owed money in 2023-24. Is there any way to turn Clarkson's contract into an expiring from some other team? Would it be worth our while?

I don't know how real Zillgitt's point about the Lakers wanting nothing but expirings back. But if it's true, then that's the problem with the earlier Beverley trade. We could have sent Bogey, Beasley and Beverley as money not owed beyond this coming season, which I think would have almost exactly matched Westbrook. But now we have nothing to do this with. (And because we're so close to the tax and hard capped we have to send out Westbrook-type money).

We could still get there with Bogey, Beasley and Clarkson, I think. But Clarkson may be a no-go for the Lakers since he's owed money in 2023-24. Is there any way to turn Clarkson's contract into an expiring from some other team? Would it be worth our while?

I think there is some truth to them not wanting salary past next season, word is they're going to try to sign Kyrie next offseason.