What's new

Lakers' Philbert Jackson's Backhanded Compliment for Jerry Sloan

Inn Dawn

"I think he was a guy that really kept his team afloat for years with guys playing hard in his system and playing the right way. I hate to see him go out without a championship with all the great teams he's had."

-- Lakers coach Phil Jackson

Of course, I dunno what else he said, as that's just a snippet, but **** that guy. He just had to throw in "with all the great teams he's had." Yeah, he's really had some great teams when compared to you, Philbert. I can recall that one time after Malone and Stockton left, how Jerry jumped ship to another contender that was on the cusp of winning it all, ala you from Chicago to L.A. Can this ****ing guy not play mind games for even one freaking second? Scum, truly, that Philbert Jackson.

Phil is sometimes worth quite a bit, but in this instance is just pathologically pathetic. Funny thing is, in the past he's praised Sloan without reservation, or sarcasm.

More offensive to me is the two-faced nature of this franchise. Particularly Gregg Miller, perfectly summed up by his latest Tweet. About as cheap as his haircut, and all so transparent. Very used car salesman.

Phil is so enamored with himself that he just talks this way all the time. Reading a lot into this really.

I also read where Jeff Van Gundy said: "Coach Sloan is arguably the greatest NBA coach never to win a championship".

That son of a bitch Van Gundy is just rubbing in the fact that Jerry never won a championship.

/S

Gamesmanship is inextricably Jackson. I'm not surprised and I hope no one else is.

And I don't believe JVG is sticking it to Sloan. When you never win a championship, you're held in a different class (whether that's right or not). Stockton and Malone are also arguably the best players to never win a championship.

Hasn't this been a common complaint on this very forum before Sloan achieved godhood sometime yesterday? He has had great teams, for a long, long time.

Phil is sometimes worth quite a bit, but in this instance is just pathologically pathetic. Funny thing is, in the past he's praised Sloan without reservation, or sarcasm.

More offensive to me is the two-faced nature of this franchise. Particularly Gregg Miller, perfectly summed up by his latest Tweet. About as cheap as his haircut, and all so transparent. Very used car salesman.

Curious to know, what exactly did Miller "tweet"?

If he really hated to see Jerry go without one...he could of you know, just let him frickin win one playoff series against him. SOB is right.

So if anyone mentions Sloan and "championships" in the same sentence it is considered an insult. Weak.

Really? "All the great teams?" Historically, has Utah really had "great" teams...at least compared to what Philbert got in those huge markets? If some of you folks don't see the backhandedness of that ****, **** you.....the guy is an *******. But apparently they used to have lunch/dinner together whenever it was UTA @ LAL...so what the **** do I know?