What's new

Lakers - Sixers Trade Idea

Jeffrey32

Lakers and Sixers swap #2 and #3; Also Lakers get Embiid and Sixers get #27.

Sixers take Okafor and a starting front-court of Noel and Okafor is the perfect offense-defense combination that could dominate the East. Sixer can take Terry Rozier at #27 and get a PG who can play right away.

Lakers take Russell and get a guard that can take over when Kobe retires and a defensive big man.

I'm not sold on Russell. The more and more I look into him, the more and more I see a better shooting Evan Turner. A nice player, but I'm not seeing the next Steph Curry. I'm glad I don't have the #3 pick.

I'm not sold on Russell. The more and more I look into him, the more and more I see a better shooting Evan Turner. A nice player, but I'm not seeing the next Steph Curry. I'm glad I don't have the #3 pick.

I see a better shooting John Wall.

I see a better shooting John Wall.

I could see that. But Wall is so athletic. I'd be worried that Russell's lack of athleticism will kill him at this level. Evan Turner like. He isn't the slam dunk some think he is. He definitely isn't Steph Curry.

Well yeah. They have to make the salaries match for one thing.

Besides Randall and Kobe, who are both pretty untouchable, Lakers don't have anything of value to offer Sacramento. Not sure a package of Jordan Hill and Nick Young plus #2 & #27 would get it done. That would almost guarantee that the Kings are in the Lottery for another 3 seasons at least. At that point Sacramento would probably ask the Kings to move.

Lakers and Sixers swap #2 and #3; Also Lakers get Embiid and Sixers get #27.

Sixers take Okafor and a starting front-court of Noel and Okafor is the perfect offense-defense combination that could dominate the East. Sixer can take Terry Rozier at #27 and get a PG who can play right away.

Lakers take Russell and get a guard that can take over when Kobe retires and a defensive big man.

Lol. What?

So now the Sixers are just throwing in Embiid in trades to move up a spot?

Good hell, that is a horrific trade for the Sixers. They could just stand pat and probably get Okafor anyways and keep Embiid. Even if they didnt, Towns or Russell would be a better pick than Okafor anyways.

Why in the hell would they do that?

Once upon a time Embiid was thought of as the next Hakeem Olajuwon, and that best player from that draft. That was just last year. Not much has changed since then. His injury concerns were known when they picked him. They haven't soured on him. They aren't just going to give him away now. Especially not to make a foolish trade up where they don't even need to do it.