What's new

Lakers targeting Deron in 2012?

Honestly, if I wasn't from Utah, I'd rather play for the Lakers. Oh, and even though I am from Utah, it would still bother me if I were a superstar who had a bunch of scrubs around me. Not to mention a coach who is unwilling to change his ways (not to mention his substitution patterns; taking out a player who is hot and replacing him with the likes of Miles/Bell in the final minutes of a close game). One more thing, a team that doesn't try it's hardest to get a better team put together. If the team doesn't have it, they don't have it. Try something new for once.

No because of 2 things:

1) Deron actually tried and played hard on both ends of the court and did so with passion while he was here.

2) Deron never (well not yet anyway) said he was "opting out regardless so you can all stick it" (paraphrased).

Oh and 3, Deron actually played in most of the games he was with the Jazz, instead of dealing with near-constant phantom (as far as we know) injuries.

Rep'ped

Jazz fanz rationalize any way they can but Jerry Sloan will be the downfall of this franchise...incredibly ironic.

I've decided I will root for deron when he leaves while the jazz rebuild, unless he goes to L.A or Texas. (There is no way he goes to Miami, but that would also be on the list.)

If he goes to LA I'll root for OKC.

I'd be a Deron fan almost anywhere he went. But not the Knicks or the Lakers. Wouldn't happen. **** those franchises.

Deron will not go to the Lakers. He hates them. I bet he won't overcome that. I'm more scared of Dallas.

Walton for Dwill straight up.

That won't work. I think they still have the rights to Wilt Chamberlain. I don't think he filed his retirement papers so they can include him in a trade, making it okay with the NBA office.

That won't work. I think they still have the rights to Wilt Chamberlain. I don't think he filed his retirement papers so they can include him in a trade, making it okay with the NBA office.
Surprised me with Wilt, I was expecting an AC Green or Worthy but you forgot to throw in a ex player that is on the coaching staff of another team, so throw in Byron Scott and then it's a done deal

Surprised me with Wilt, I was expecting an AC Green or Worthy but you forgot to throw in a ex player that is on the coaching staff of another team, so throw in Byron Scott and then it's a done deal

I was going for someone who would definitely not be able to help the other team. It was either Wilt or George Mikan.

I was going for someone who would definitely not be able to help the other team. It was either Wilt or George Mikan.

the Jazz are currently giving significant minutes to Raja Bell's corpse. it doesn't seem out of the question they might also try either/both of the above.

the Jazz are currently giving significant minutes to Raja Bell's corpse. it doesn't seem out of the question they might also try either/both of the above.
If that's the case maybe they can some how convince them to send us Jerry West, not likely so might have to settle for Wes SR. (Wesley Mathews's Dad).

It would only be fair that they traded us a warm body for Deron. After all that is about all they gave up for Gasol. A warm body and some glow in the dark condoms. Pretty sure about the second part anyway cuz those are pretty cool.