What's new

Lakers Willing to Trade Russell in Cousins Deal

kabenac

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2503434-demarcus-cousins-trade-rumors-latest-buzz-speculation-on-kings-stars-future?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league

"Mark Heisler of Forbes reported the Lakers are still interested in Cousins and would trade D'Angelo Russell as part of a deal after drafting the Ohio State product with the second overall selection in the 2015 NBA draft.

Prior to selecting Russell, Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports revealed on June 24 the Lakers and Kings had exchanged the framework of a deal that would send Cousins to Los Angeles:

Divac has pursued a possible deal that would include a bevvy of assets, including the Lakers' No. 2 pick in Thursday's NBA draft, rookies Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson and other draft assets, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Sacramento also would want to unload the remainder of forward Carl Landry's two years, $13.5 million contract, league sources said."

Kings should do it.

Russsell would make the Kings exciting again. Cousins in a Lakers uniform would be a beautiful mess.

Love it.

I think Kupchak went - understandably - totally insane after his kid passed away. Lakers should give him two years off before he pulls the trigger on a Cousins trade, and Kobe would be out of the way too.

Would be sad to see Russell rot in that joke of a franchise.

How can we get in on this deal and steal Russell away from them both?

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. If Kobe retires next year, Cousins plus 2 major FAs puts the Lakers back in contention. I know it's really popular to trash cousins, but put him in a winning situation and things change IMO. Trashing him for not winning more with that roster is a bit premature. Careful what you wish for.

I think that the Kings and Lakers will look dramatically different next year.

There are rumors that Butler and Aldridge (he is also meeting the Spurs, Rockets, Raptors and Knicks) are meeting with the Lakers as well.

Cousins and LA seem like such a natural fit with each other.

Idgaf if they become good-- it would be that much more pleasurable to beat Cuz and the Fakers in the playoffs when we match up with him. He always goes hard after Favors when they play, always amps me up.

I think that the Kings and Lakers will look dramatically different next year.

There are rumors that Butler and Aldridge (he is also meeting the Spurs, Rockets, Raptors and Knicks) are meeting with the Lakers as well.

We saw what the Rude can do to LMA. Put Fav on Cuz, boom. They aint scaring me.

i am not scared of any big man in the league. rudy and favors can handle any big man