What's new

Larry H Miller Group Buying The Zone

I hadn't heard this part before:

Second, Rigby said his hand was forced by the new owners of KFNZ, which the Jazz were operating under a Local Marketing Agreement (LMA) — essentially a lease — that expires at the end of May.

LHM signed the deal with Citadel broadcast, but Citadel was acquired by Cumulus Broadcasting in September 2011.

"All of a sudden, it’s sold to another group," Rigby said. "This group now says that they like to run their stations and not do LMAs. We said, ‘We’ve got to control our destiny.’ "

Interesting that it was prompted by a change in the 1320 ownership. I just figured it was also Miller group motivated.

Hopefully they merge the best of 1320 and 1280 and come out a winner. My car gets crappy AM radio reception, so this has the potential to be really nice for me personally.

I hadn't heard this part before:

Interesting that it was prompted by a change in the 1320 ownership. I just figured it was also Miller group motivated.

Hopefully they merge the best of 1320 and 1280 and come out a winner. My car gets crappy AM radio reception, so this has the potential to be really nice for me personally.

Agreed. 1320's signal is horrid. 1280 is super strong. 1320 is about to be a ghost town.

I am curious about who will still be on the air, and who will be out of a job.
If 1320 will be doing their own thing, how many local shows will they have, and how many national shows will they air.

It will probably just be a shuffle, and each station will have a mix of the two in the end.

The article in the OP makes it sound like 1320 probably won't even continue to be sports talk.