What's new

Las Vegas: Worst Mass Shooting in US History

Yeah, San Bernardino. I think the story there was that the couple was radicalized online, although they had no direct contact with any terrorist orgs (like the Orlando attack). I'm not sure how much I buy that, but there it is.

It's hard not to have a defeatist attitude after Sandy Hook, I mean, if a bunch of dead elementary kids didn't change things it's hard to imagine what could.
On the other hand, the only way to ensure nothing will really change is to give up the fight.

Sent from my SM-G935V using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm just saying I don't think any event is going to change it. People will have to vote in new representation that isn't corrupted and paid off by the NRA.

Curious as to what you think should happen?
Btw, this is the second church shooting to happen in 3 months.
I'm still working through my own personal views on this issue. A nationwide gun buyback program, eliminating gun shows, expanding mental health services (not gutting medicaid), requiring liability insurance for firearms similar to cars, ****ing consitutional amendment repealing the 2nd amendment since we can't agree on wtf it actually means, are all things I've given consideration to.

Why the **** does it matter whether it is "terrorism" or not? The people who were killed aren't any more or less dead either way.

The only difference I can see is when a "terrorist" attack occurs our government enacts policies to try to counteract it, and when it is not we throw our arms in the air and claim nothing can be done.

wether it is terorsim or not people wnat the government to enact policies.

dont we have thriller calling for hitler style gun control?

Looks like an armed citizen stopped this guy, if not killed him, and yet this puke still managed to kill 27 people and wound two dozen more.

So can the morons on the left finally concede the need to protect the second amendment and the morons on the right concede we are in desperate need of common sense legislation to outlaw assault weapons, 30-60 round mags and any other type of weapon or accessory that isn't needed for basic self-protection?

I hear what you're saying here and I agree with you in the sense that the profile of a religious or political terrorist would be different than a mass shooter.

But we're not the ****ing FBI, we are not going to be tracking these **** heads down. It seems to me that drawing this kind of distinction in public discourse only serves to minimize what we can do in one instance and heighten the need to do something in the other. It drives me ****ing nuts.

I pretty much agree with what Gandalfe said a few posts earlier that terrorism is an act designed to create a sense of terror even in those not directly affected by the act - and creating that sense of terror is as important as the actual killing that may take place

I disagree. Terrorism is anything where the INTENTION is to cause terror, specifically in people not directly affected by it.

Charles Whitman was not a terrorist, but he did cause terror.

Richard Reid was a terrorist, even though he did not kill anyone.

In a sense, I guess I think you do need to have a sense of the motive in order to label something terrorism

most of the mass shootings that have occurred in the U.S. would NOT be terrorism in my opinion - - some might be due to people with mental health issues but many are just due to people with unresolved anger issues

No, that is completely incorrect.

If that was the case, any murder can be considered terrorism.
Scary movies and roller coasters and naked geriatrics are all forms of terrorism.

How do you know? I didn't know you can see who reports you and for what.

He negged rep me saying - Reported for personal attack. Lol

But he's the dude that probably wrote the most personal, douchiest, pathetic comment about me a few weeks ago.

Hehepeepeecaca

Last edited:
How do you know? I didn't know you can see who reports you and for what.

He negged rep me saying - Reported for personal attack. Lol

But he's the dude that probably wrote the most personal, douchiest, pathetic comment about me a few weeks ago.

Hehepeepeecaca

Trump said USA have a lot of people with mental health issues. He is right. It is called gun obsession/addiction and since 90% are affected there is no cure. You guys are doomed.

Trump said USA have a lot of people with mental health issues. He is right. It is called gun obsession/addiction and since 90% are affected there is no cure. You guys are doomed.

Yes, he wasted no time erasing guns from the conversation:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...sue-behind-texas-shooting-not-guns/834879001/

President Trump said Monday that better mental health — not gun control — is the key to the mass shooting that claimed at least 26 lives at a Texas church.

"I think mental health is the problem here," Trump said during a news conference in Tokyo, saying the shooter in Texas was a "deranged" man who should have received treatment. "This isn't a guns situation."

Well, I guess that settles that....

Trump said during a news conference in Tokyo, saying the shooter in Texas was a "deranged" man who should have received treatment. "This isn't a guns situation."

Meanwhile while he is in Japan - he should learn how Japan is dealing with mental illness and guns situations. Maybe he could learn a thing or two from them.

Which post? I went back through and didn't see anything that I would deem a personal attack.

The one that uses the highly offensive word "simpleton." My insults cut to the bone, apparently. I'm racking up the infractions on here.

Say it with me now.

Hehe

Pee pee

Caca.

If you're more worried about someone being labeled, by the media or people, as a terrorist or not a terrorist, Muslim, white, brown, etc in this situation or any like it, more than the person being a murderous, coward, life taking POS then you, my friend, are a simpleton.

This one, Log.

This one, Log.

LOL that is a conditional statement....if/then. I guess he must fit that description perfectly if it is a "personal" attack. Or at least he believes he does so precisely that he took it as one. I was going to say unbelievable but by now I believe it.

so according to this definition, the US military/armed forces commits terrorism. gotcha.
that awkward moment when u realize #SupportOurTroops turns into #SupportOurTerrorists

I support our troops, but that does not mean I support all of our country's military actions. We have made terrible mistakes on the global stage.

I think it’s pretty obvious the double standard we have when attributing terrorism to minorities while rationalizing for whites. The number of cases are almost too high to number. This is just another case.

The truth of the matter is gun regulation works. If not gun regulation, then why do we have the monopoly of crazy people? Republicans whine about how the focus needs to be on mental health yet do absolutely nothing to fix it.

Perhaps the best case we have to promote free/subsidized tuition, single payer health care, and funding for the epa is to combat the seemingly unreal mental health issue so prevelant in america today.

Repubs can’t have it both ways. They can’t just sit on their asses and do nothing about guns claiming that the focus needs to be on health care. And then do zero to promote universal health care. If the issue is health care then I expect the gop by the end of the week to have legislation ensuring universal
Health care. We need to tackle this crisis in the bud ASAP just as the crisis terrorism seemed to be shortly after 9/11.

Otherwise, they’re using the whole healthcare issue as a distraction from gun control.