What's new

Last good song you listened to?

Please don't turn this thread into something it doesn't need to be.

I do try to stick to the music in this thread but I get your point. If your comment also encompassed my down vote on BabyPeterzz's band, I stand by that one. It is bad. Musically it doesn't go anywhere. The chorus is one note. That can be used to great effect if you are doing something interesting musically but they aren't. Locking the bass on the root note of the guitar can also work if they are doing something interesting with the vocals but they aren't. There are some good drum fills but there are no larger breaks in the monotonous trudging. Musically it is a cinder block wall with no paint. All of that may be deliberate choice. The name of the song is Brutalist like the function over form concrete architecture of the Soviet Union, but the song commits the unforgivable sin of being boring. It is boring. They brought in lights and put a 70's film scratchy effect on the video to add interest because there is nothing in their boring music. I definitely do not get Mastodon vibes from it.

Normally, I wouldn't comment at all on a song I wasn't a fan of but BabyPeterzz specifically asked to be flamed for it.

Last edited:
I do try to stick to the music in this thread but I get your point. If your comment also encompassed my down vote on BabyPeterzz's band, I stand by that one. It is bad. Musically it doesn't go anywhere. The chorus is one note. That can be used to great effect if you are doing something interesting musically but they aren't. Locking the bass on the root note of the guitar can also work if they are doing something interesting with the vocals but they aren't. There are some good drum fills but there are no larger breaks in the monotonous trudging. Musically it is a cinder block wall with no paint. All of that may be deliberate choice. The name of the song is Brutalist like the function over form concrete architecture of the Soviet Union, but the song commits the unforgivable sin of being boring. It is boring. They brought in lights and put a 70's film scratchy effect on the video to add interest because there is nothing in their boring music. I definitely do not get Mastodon vibes from it.

Normally, I wouldn't comment at all on a song I wasn't a fan of but BabyPeterzz specifically asked to be flamed for it.
Thank you for your first sentence. The rest of your post is a response to @BabyPeterzz