What's new

Lauri an all-star

Lauri is well deserving and great to see him rewarded. I have a feeling next year we dont have to wait this long to see him selected.

Charity.

Markinnen making the All Stars over Jalen Brunson is a joke…and it ain’t funny. We know the only reason Lauri made the team is because the game is in that little village called Utah.

I am sending Adam Silver a text demanding that he remove the charity case Markinnen and replace him with the deserving Brunson.
I think you have Lauri, a west frontcourt player confused with someone. Its probably Demar DeRozan and Chicago boards you were looking for.

However now that you are here, I think we all can agree the two biggest snubs from east backcourt were definitely Harden and Young.

I think you have Lauri, a west frontcourt player confused with someone. Its probably Demar DeRozan and Chicago boards you were looking for.

However now that you are here, I think we all can agree the two biggest snubs from east backcourt were definitely Harden and Young.
Harden - absolutely. Young - nah. Hopefully, their struggles this year cause them to overreact and the Jazz can Ainge them into trading John Collins and their pick at the deadline.

Harden - absolutely. Young - nah. Hopefully, their struggles this year cause them to overreact and the Jazz can Ainge them into trading John Collins and their pick at the deadline.
I think the only picks they can even trade are 2023/2029

I think the only picks they can even trade are 2023/2029
2023 is the one I’d want. I’d take on the rest of Collins contract, plus give them real value back - like Beasley/Vando - and the cap relief that comes with it. I want the pick though. Push comes to shove and I’d be willing to swap with the 76ers pick. . . but ideally we can get it outright with minimal protections.

2023 is the one I’d want. I’d take on the rest of Collins contract, plus give them real value back - like Beasley/Vando - and the cap relief that comes with it. I want the pick though. Push comes to shove and I’d be willing to swap with the 76ers pick. . . but ideally we can get it outright with minimal protections.
Their 2023 pick would be nice because we could offload some of our draft capital this summer to have a pick or two next year.

Their 2023 pick would be nice because we could offload some of our draft capital this summer to have a pick or two next year.
Cap space would be even better. A deal with the Lakers that brings back Westbrook for a buyout would be perfect right now. Conley, Clarkson and Olynyk for Westbrook, Brown, Christie and some pick swaps. Ryan Smith wouldn’t even have to make a record buyout to get there anymore.

I want to save those future draft picks for that moment when a legitimate star comes available and the Jazz are the ones who can go all in to make it happen.

Cap space would be even better. A deal with the Lakers that brings back Westbrook for a buyout would be perfect right now. Conley, Clarkson and Olynyk for Westbrook, Brown, Christie and some pick swaps. Ryan Smith wouldn’t even have to make a record buyout to get there anymore.

I want to save those future draft picks for that moment when a legitimate star comes available and the Jazz are the ones who can go all in to make it happen.
I'm still praying Jaylen Brown makes an All-NBA team (Supermax eligible), the Celtics come up short again, and we swoop in with The Godfather offer.

Dude you know I hate Young. I'm trolling the troll.

Remember when there were reports that we'd be hesitant to move Don / Rudy because we wanted to have a player "host" the ASG in SLC.
It wasn’t just an all-star we were looking for.

mayor-goldie-wilson.gif

He's an all star whether they picked him or not, but it's nice to see him acknowledged.
Absolutely. But documented victories will always trump moral victories.

Fwiw before the season started it wasnt all gloom and doom for me. I thought ainge destroyed the cavs and especially the wolves on those trades and i saw nothing but an extremely bright future.

They were/are way better than i expected them to be this season though. Mainly due to Lauri

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Easily one of, if not the, most fun teams we have ever had. Love this team. They seem to genuinely love playing together. Just a big ol' man-love-fest. No wonder @MeloTheJazzKiller has been spending so much time here!

Now the ultimate slap to Mitchell (and Gobert I guess, as he was treated that way too) would be if Lauri DOESN'T get picked last in the ridiculous childish playground team picking "ceremony". Ugh. The worst thing to happen to the all-star game since the league just fully turned it over to LeBully.

The scary thing is I think Markkanen still might have another level he can get to.

Markkanen has reached another level - the Michael Jordan level.

In 1988 the NBA All Star game was held in Chicago. Uhhh, guess who magically made the All Star game? Yup, Jordan, a guy who played in Chicago. So now Markkanen - a Utah player - makes the All Star game being played in Utah. Jordan in 1988 Chicago and now Markkanen in 2023 Utah. Charity selections.

Last edited:
Markkanen has reached another level - the Michael Jordan level.

In 1988 the NBA All Star game was held in Chicago. Uhhh, guess who magically made the All Star game? Yup, Jordan, a guy who played in Chicago. So now Markkanen - a Utah player - makes the All Star game being played in Utah. Jordan in 1988 Chicago and now Markkanen in 2023 Utah. Charity selections.
I agree. Markkanen is the next MJ. Good call!