What's new

Lest We Forget

I am perfectly fine if this guy develops as a 15 minute per game back up center by the start of 2019. For crying out loud, we are paying the guy less than $2 million per season the next three years and only $3.6 in year 4 (2020-2021). If you consider that we are going to pay Udoh around $7 million for this year and next combined, paying Bradley $9.5 million for 4 seasons isn't that bad at all.

NBA contracts are ridiculously expensive. Paying around $2.5 per year for a contributor is a bargain.

I am perfectly fine if this guy develops as a 15 minute per game back up center by the start of 2019. For crying out loud, we are paying the guy less than $2 million per season the next three years and only $3.6 in year 4 (2020-2021). If you consider that we are going to pay Udoh around $7 million for this year and next combined, paying Bradley $9.5 million for 4 seasons isn't that bad at all.

NBA contracts are ridiculously expensive. Paying around $2.5 per year for a contributor is a bargain.

I get that... his likely outcome is exactly that, but I think that is also his upside... and with first round picks I like higher aim. The fact that we can get Udoh for one year at 3.2M and he serves the same purpose just shows where the market is on centers. I just didn't get the pick. If he becomes more than that he becomes a trade asset I guess or a Gobert replacement if Rudy becomes bad.

So we hope he becomes a bargain at a position where ready made bargains are widely available.

Some project him as more... I'm guessing DL is one of those that thinks his upside is significantly higher than I do.

I get that... his likely outcome is exactly that, but I think that is also his upside... and with first round picks I like higher aim. The fact that we can get Udoh for one year at 3.2M and he serves the same purpose just shows where the market is on centers. I just didn't get the pick. If he becomes more than that he becomes a trade asset I guess or a Gobert replacement if Rudy becomes bad.

So we hope he becomes a bargain at a position where ready made bargains are widely available.

Some project him as more... I'm guessing DL is one of those that thinks his upside is significantly higher than I do.

I agree. It was an interesting pick. I would have preferred to pick somebody on the wing who had a higher ceiling over a guy projected as a center when our franchise player is a center. Center is the only position in the NBA you don't really have to have in certain playoff series.

But if he can develop into a 10-20mpg contributor, he's still better than a majority of guys taken picks 20-30.

I wasn't a fan of the Bradley pick, but I think it's nuts to be making judgments on a player who was drafted as a project in the first place. I wanted Kuzma/Bell/Mason with our 2 picks. Didn't want Mason with our 1st and he wasn't there for our 2nd. Kuzma wasn't there for either pick.

So really my only complaint was taking Bradley over Bell, but I completely understand what DL is doing by taking young guys who may have benefitted from another year at college. With late picks, most players who are ready like Bell have limitations to their game. By taking Bradley, you're willing to wait on development in hopes of getting a guy who would be drafted much higher if he waited until the next draft.

So it's too early to say one way or the other, and it may turn out to be a crappy pick, but I totally understand the thinking with trying to get a steal with a late first.

I wasn't a fan of the Bradley pick, but I think it's nuts to be making judgments on a player who was drafted as a project in the first place. I wanted Kuzma/Bell/Mason with our 2 picks. Didn't want Mason with our 1st and he wasn't there for our 2nd. Kuzma wasn't there for either pick.

So really my only complaint was taking Bradley over Bell, but I completely understand what DL is doing by taking young guys who may have benefitted from another year at college. With late picks, most players who are ready like Bell have limitations to their game. By taking Bradley, you're willing to wait on development in hopes of getting a guy who would be drafted much higher if he waited until the next draft.

So it's too early to say one way or the other, and it may turn out to be a crappy pick, but I totally understand the thinking with trying to get a steal with a late first.
Mason was there.