What's new

Let's Trade for a 3 point shooter.

northeast

Here are some wings who can shoot, with their 3 point % rankings.

56 Pierce at .382 (probably first choice , as the go to shooter for a top contender).
92 Wesley M .348 (too bad we let him go)
104 Artest .333
117 Kobe .305
119 Barbosa .296
120 Ariza .295
112 LEBRON .316
124 Durant .277
??? WADE .264

Here is what our crappy 3 point shooters average, with rankings:

51 Kirilenko .391
79 Bell .362
109 D Will .320
110 Miles .319

hmmmm
So AK has a better % than Pierce.
Bell > Wesley
DW / Miles > Nash
All of them > Kobe, Artest, LeBron, or Wade.

DeShawn Stevenson is #2 in the league, at .511.
I remember years of people ripping him on this board, a lot like they are ripping CJ and others now.

Millsap is 4 of 7. It seems ridiculous that he hasn't even attempted at least a few more since winning the first Miami game with them, because he is an undersized PF who could get open shots against a lot of bigger PFs, and open up the middle for cutters like CJ AK DW etc.

editing is not taking
but AK, Bell, CJ, DW, Millsap all have better 3 point %s than
Nash at.315, or Kobe, Durant, LeBron, or Wade., but not Artest, oops.

If you think the Jazz are fine at the 2 and 3, you've got a problem. All the players you've listed (excluding Deshawn) bring much more to the table than the poo poo platter (the error is on purpose) that is the Jazz wing rotation.

The only problem I have with this thread is that it resolves absolutely nothing and gives us no new ideas.

For as long as I can remember we've talked about the desperate need to upgrade our wing situation.

If we're not lacking because of Raja, CJ, Hayward, or AK, then it's Brewer and Korver.

Before it was AK and one legged gassy Harpring.

Before it was Fisher and Girasuck.

Before that John Starks...

Before that Calbert Cheney....

Before that Bruss...

We've been needing a SG for more than a decade. We've been needing to upgrade our wings for years and years and years. Our PG and PF spots have always been great.

Yet, the more things change the more they stay the same.

The only spark of a good wing we've had in years was Wes Matthews. Unfortunately, dumbass Portland offered him a ton of money while we were unbelievably restrained. too bad indeed....

We've talked about Salmons, Terry, Marion, J Howard, J smooth, Corey maggette, Stevie Jackson, etc. Yet KOC hasn't made any of these moves. Doubt this year, with a pending lockout and our salary situation, will force his hand.

The only way KOC makes a move this year, is if someone has a total and complete meltdown w/Sloan. their relationship will need to degenerate past the point of now return.

In that case, the Jazz would be on the bottom of a trade, receiving little to nothing in return but unloading a cancer.

We've talked about Salmons, Terry, Marion, J Howard, J smooth, Corey maggette, Stevie Jackson, etc. Yet KOC hasn't made any of these moves.

It is well-documented that Kevin O'Connor canceled his JF account in 2007, sometime around the end of the season. I don't recall who is to blame, but we have to find another medium of communication that he would be receptive to (pardon the dangling participle. didn't think anyone would mind).

It is well-documented that Kevin O'Connor canceled his JF account in 2007, sometime around the end of the season. I don't recall who is to blame, but we have to find another medium of communication that he would be receptive to (pardon the dangling participle. didn't think anyone would mind).

You just can't resist anything that dangles.

there are targets here far more deserving of your collective ire than northeast. above average thread imo.

Yeah, cause we're going to get any of those guys LOL

...I think the point he was making was that all those clowns...are no better or even worse than the clowns we got....but we got them at a cheaper price! Clowns to the left of me...jokers to the right....here I am....stuck in the middle with YOU!