What's new

Let's Turn this Thing Around Game Thread Nuggets @ Jazz Wed. Nov 23rd

We will win this game by 18 because my swingman Gobert jersey arrives in the mail tomorrow.

619550250.0.jpg

i

gobert-fournier.jpg

Well my jersey never arrived ****ing thanks FedEx and Puerto Rico. But we got a nice win. Where's that little bitch ncoloradojazz now?

Watching the jazz this year i get the feeling that as long as we have rudy and hill healthy then we good. Everyone else's production/role on the team can be somewhat replaced. Those two are the most important players on the team.

And people want to trade away Favors' defense for that...

Depends on what we could get for favors. In a favors trade scenario we dont trade favors for lyles cause we already have lyles but i do remember a trade rumor 2 summers ago that was favors for the #4 pick which ended up being porzingas. And i remember another one that was something like favors and burks for wiggins (rather than kevin love)

I wouldn't mind having porzingas or wiggins on the jazz.

That pass to Rudy for the dunk was filthy.
this

Honestly, I've never been overly impressed with Mudiay and I really like Will Barton. I wonder if somewhere in the future if Mudiay overtakes Mudiay as the starting PG or they have him at SG alongside Mudiay.
I have always hated mudiay.

lol they have lost what 5 or 6 games in a row? I don't know why you think they win. Sure if the jumper is falling the win but if they have to play bball then no they wont. Nuggets game plan was so simple and its out to the whole NBA how to beta the jazz
--Push the Tempo
---Attack the big guys down low

That was the nuggets whole gameplan and it works against Utah. Utah doesn't have great athletes overall as a team so you push push push the rock and Gobert gets frustrated early so you take it to him taking him out of his game. If he isn't a defensive force on the game then your basically playing 4 versus 5 because he brings nada to the offense.

Such a simple game plan. So simple they forgot how to do it yesterday.

Remember that awesome summer the Jazz had? They are in 9th place in the west...again. That was a lot of effort for nothing.

Nurkic > Gobert

Nurkic $$$ < Gobert$$$

Denver has the last laugh.

Post from mello after loss in Denver.

This time around:

Nurk = 2 points 6 rebs on 1-8 shooting

Rudy = 19 points 13 rebs on 6-8 shooting

This is particularly funny to me, because there is a buttnugget mod on realgm that has been telling me for 2 years that both Nurk and Joke are just as good or better than Rudy. Actually, he really hasn't tried that argument for a while now, since Rudy routinely gets the best of those guys.

Hell, there are some Jazz fans here who have said they'd trade Rudy for Jokic, and although he's obviously a much better offensive player, Rudy usually scores as much or more in head to head matchups. I'd rather have Rudy's defense 10 out of 10 times.

Last edited:
Watching the jazz this year i get the feeling that as long as we have rudy and hill healthy then we good. Everyone else's production/role on the team can be somewhat replaced. Those two are the most important players on the team.

I do not agree. Without Favors, I think our ceiling is getting bumped in the first round. Utah needs another inside defensive presence to go deep in the playoffs.

Depends on what we could get for favors. In a favors trade scenario we dont trade favors for lyles cause we already have lyles but i do remember a trade rumor 2 summers ago that was favors for the #4 pick which ended up being porzingas. And i remember another one that was something like favors and burks for wiggins (rather than kevin love)

I wouldn't mind having porzingas or wiggins on the jazz.

I'd love to have Porz, but the story on him right now is that his future is center, as he can't guard out to the perimeter. Admittedly, it's one of the few Favors trades I wouldn't mind. Even so, I'd rather have a team built around elite defense at the 4/5, than built around a dynamic scorer at center who is isn't great defensively.

Not interested in downgrading from Favors defense to Lyles in order to add Wiggins. Nice player, but again, I really believe in Utah's foundation of elite defense in the frontcourt.

I do not agree. Without Favors, I think our ceiling is getting bumped in the first round. Utah needs another inside defensive presence to go deep in the playoffs.

When i said that as long as the jazz have rudy and hill then they are good, i was kinda talking about getting into the playoffs. I just think that those two are the two most important players on the team. To go far in the playoffs they definitely need hayward, favors, hood, etc etc.