What's new

Life Goes On and It’s Bigger Than Basketball

Avery

Yeah, it sucks we lost - especially a game where we blew a lead that huge and played that poorly. It was a great movie through two acts but the ending really, really sucked.

But the sun rises tomorrow. Our bank accounts remain the same. The same ailments in our joints, the same troubles we have in life and the same friends and family around us to support us through thick and thin.

When the Jazz win, it lets us forget these things if only for short seconds and fleeting moments. We all appreciate this diversion from the pitfalls of reality. But it doesn’t define as fathers and mothers, sons and daughters and everything in between.

Hug your families tight and know that there’s more important things than a basketball game that won’t change your living conditions when you wake up to tomorrow. There’s a big life out there - go live it.

The great work continues for us all.

Good thread. Enjoy the chase. The Jazz are a traditionally built team going up against an athletic, switchable team. It's a contrast in styles, and the Jazz's approach lost this time.

Yeah, it sucks we lost - especially a game where we blew a lead that huge and played that poorly. It was a great movie through two acts but the ending really, really sucked.

But the sun rises tomorrow. Our bank accounts remain the same. The same ailments in our joints, the same troubles we have in life and the same friends and family around us to support us through thick and thin.

When the Jazz win, it lets us forget these things if only for short seconds and fleeting moments. We all appreciate this diversion from the pitfalls of reality. But it doesn’t define as fathers and mothers, sons and daughters and everything in between.

Hug your families tight and know that there’s more important things than a basketball game that won’t change your living conditions when you wake up to tomorrow. There’s a big life out there - go live it.

Oh yeah

I'm watching some football over the weekend (Eurocup, Copa America). Some golf too (US Open). Perhaps get a new plant. I'm doing some changes to the house too. I'll organize my holidays (I'm thinking Guatemala next month). My dog is always cool as ****, certainly will listen to a couple of records with my wife in the morning...life goes on

Thanks, I needed this. On the plus side, watching this much basketball late into the summer has been a drag. I don’t want to be parked in front of my tv when the weather is so nice. I don’t see myself watching the rest of the playoffs that intently anymore and will definitely find some better things to do with my weekend! Time to go play outdoors.

Sucks they had number one record all year and then with all injuries to go out like this for me the season was a failure all around.

Bank account the same ? Some of us bet on the jazz. Rudy’s soft *** cost us cash

Totally this, but also, trade Rudy. Blow it up, Fire DL.
The problem is you wouldn't get much for Rudy,atleast not his value and Let's not forget many wanted Conley gone for anything last year and he was a major reason they were number one all year. ALSO hard to blame Rudy for guarding out at three line. He should of taken him out and ran Royce at 5. Very poor coaching down stretch but also Utah let them back in and they missed shots. That's on the players. Both coaches and players should be ashamed of that performance. Always another one though

this thread sucks! your standards should be much higher! it's pitiful to see a #1 seed like Utah get clowned by a 2nd rd pick on his rookie deal