What's new

Lillard available?

https://realballinsiders.com/2017/02/21/report-trail-blazers-may-listen-damian-lillard-offers/

It may just be speculation but what do you think it would take to acquire him if he is available? Two first round picks, Burks and Exum?

I would love to see Lillard running the show with Hayward and Gobert.

I'm sure teh Blazers want something substantial that we can't provide. The facts are all of our trade pieces are either injured/injury history (Burks/Favors), under-performing(Exum and Lyles), or mediocre draft picks. If you put any package together for Lillard it would have to clearly start with Hood. The rest of it would depend on what the Blazers think of Exum/Lyles. Still, even if they loved those guys, I doubt they would part with Lillard for that package (plus any pick combo we can dish out).

You're probably right Cy, but that Cousins trade has me thinking anything is possible. Too bad Divac isn't the GM for Portland.

Favors/Burks/Exum or any of the 2 + a 1st may do it and I'd take it (with a reserve PF/C back in the deal).

Withey and Bolomboy... isn't that what EVERYONE on the interwebs says is possible with this?

But seriously, if we could keep Hayward and Gobert, I'd love to see Portland take their pick at the team.

I really don't get the NBA sometimes. The Blazers want to move 26-year old Damian Lillard because they firmly believe that 25-year old CJ McCollum has the potential to eventually be almost as good as Damian Lillard.

I'd do Favors, Hood and let them pick either Exum/Burks/or two First (2017 & 2018)!!

I really don't get the NBA sometimes. The Blazers want to move 26-year old Damian Lillard because they firmly believe that 25-year old CJ McCollum has the potential to eventually be almost as good as Damian Lillard.

You want to know what I don't get? I don't get why Portland isn't selling high on BOTH Lillard and McCollum and racing to the bottom for this upcoming draft. They could end up with 3 picks in the top 10 and more good picks in the next two years.

You want to know what I don't get? I don't get why Portland isn't selling high on BOTH Lillard and McCollum and racing to the bottom for this upcoming draft. They could end up with 3 picks in the top 10 and more good picks in the next two years.

I agree but that's a tough sell knowing there's no guarantee just how high those picks will be. If they end up being like 5, 7 and 9, and they are unable to move up in order to get a stud, I'm not sure that's the best move right now.

I agree but that's a tough sell knowing there's no guarantee just how high those picks will be. If they end up being like 5, 7 and 9, and they are unable to move up in order to get a stud, I'm not sure that's the best move right now.

from the sounds of things, there will be studs available at 5, 7, and 9.