What's new

Line-ups/Rotations You'd Like to See

checkbookdoc

Jazz aren't clicking yet. Some of this is because the team is working on chemistry as well as understanding the system (the Davis injury has created a huge hole as well). But I think some of it has to do with rotations and line-ups. In other words, I don't think our ingredients are trash, but we need to change the recipe.

I would like to experiment for a few games with the line-up of Rudy, Royce, Bojan, Ingles, & Mitchell. That would include 4 guys who know the offensive system from last year, plus Bojan who I think has integrated really well. I could see this unit being especially fun in transition. Defensively it could be really interesting as well with a lot of versatility and above average guard/wing rebounders.

To get this lineup, you would need to switch up the rotation of Conley and Mitchell so that the primary second unit is Conley, Green, Ingles, Mudiay, and Davis (eventually). The offense could then be tinkered to focus on Conley/Green Pick-n-Pop, Mudiay drives (with Davis offensive putbacks), and Ingles/Green PnR. I think this type of offense would maximize these player's strengths.

What do you think of this rotation? Is there another lineup you would like to see?

I want to see Ingles in the starting lineup and I want to see that lineup playing at least 18 minutes together. I don’t have the numbers but it feels like we get 3-4 minutes of that lineup, if that.

I want to see Ingles in the starting lineup and I want to see that lineup playing at least 18 minutes together. I don’t have the numbers but it feels like we get 3-4 minutes of that lineup, if that.
Right now that is our second most used lineup, and still only averages ~5 1/2 minutes a game.

If they started, you can easily chalk up 12 minutes per game just from the first and third quarters, then the final 3ish minutes.
Our starting unit is averaging ~13 1/2 minutes a game, without Royce finishing, so you are pretty much exactly on point. Should be noted, the lineup you want has been really good (net rating of 11.7), but the starters have been even better (net rating of 14.3).

I am assuming you want to switch Ingles for Royce. I think that is better for Joe, but not sure it would be a good thing for the team. I think Royce can only make a positive impact playing off of creators, where as Joe has some ability to create for others. If you put Royce with the second string, you take a play maker away from them, and also reduce the contribution of Royce.

Jazz aren't clicking yet. Some of this is because the team is working on chemistry as well as understanding the system (the Davis injury has created a huge hole as well). But I think some of it has to do with rotations and line-ups. In other words, I don't think our ingredients are trash, but we need to change the recipe.

I would like to experiment for a few games with the line-up of Rudy, Royce, Bojan, Ingles, & Mitchell. That would include 4 guys who know the offensive system from last year, plus Bojan who I think has integrated really well. I could see this unit being especially fun in transition. Defensively it could be really interesting as well with a lot of versatility and above average guard/wing rebounders.

To get this lineup, you would need to switch up the rotation of Conley and Mitchell so that the primary second unit is Conley, Green, Ingles, Mudiay, and Davis (eventually). The offense could then be tinkered to focus on Conley/Green Pick-n-Pop, Mudiay drives (with Davis offensive putbacks), and Ingles/Green PnR. I think this type of offense would maximize these player's strengths.

What do you think of this rotation? Is there another lineup you would like to see?
I would love to see that. Zero chance it happens though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The change isn't to bring Conley off the bench, but for him to sub-out when Joe comes in the game (which is what Mitchell does now).
Ah, I see.
I saw this sentence at the beginning of your OP<I would like to experiment for a few games with the line-up of Rudy, Royce, Bojan, Ingles, & Mitchell> and saw that it was the same lineup as the starting lineup except with Ingles instead of Conley and figured you wanted to see a large amount of that lineup.
The way to get a large amount out of that lineup would be to start the first and third quarters with that lineup and finish the 4th with it.

I'm certain we will see that lineup for limited minutes some games (I figure we probably already see a little bit) so I agree with naos.

I just thought you wanted see a lot of that lineup like I do. Hell, I want that to be the main lineup since I think it features our best players the most.
Will never be a primary lineup though cause Conley makes 32 million and has a storied career.

Basically most people want to see less of Conley which really sucks being that he was our big time acquisition.

We really just need Conley to play much better and everything would take care of itself.

I mean if he were shooting 36% from 3 and 44% from the field (last year's numbers for him. His career numbers are 37% and 44%) then we would probably only have 1 or 2 losses and no one would want any changes.

Having Conley play more of his minutes and use more of his possessions with a pick-n-pop target makes sense (Green, Bojan).

Giving Joe some kind of PnR target makes waaaay too much sense, but...

Having Conley play more of his minutes and use more of his possessions with a pick-n-pop target makes sense (Green, Bojan).

Giving Joe some kind of PnR target makes waaaay too much sense, but...
What is the finish to your sentence? Quin?

What is the finish to your sentence? Quin?

It’s a list of things. It includes DL and Zanik, who haven’t stocked the bench with a roller besides Jeff Green (I’m not even going to count Bradley, since he’s proving to be too soft to execute his talents). It includes Quin, who can’t seem to get Joe and Green together. It includes the rest of the bench, who can’t seem to hit their shots and swing the ball around to create the right environment to take advantage of the advantages produced by Joe’s playmaking.