What's new

Link to Kanter's agent's radio interview

HighlandHomie

Mods feel free to merge into another thread, but I think this deserves it's own considering this guy is a total clown. I actually feel bad for Enes that this is who his agent is. This guy is completely clueless, and obviously has been awful in terms of getting Enes acclimated/assimilated to the NBA, it's lifestyle, the process, etc. Unreal...

LINK: https://kfanav.s3.amazonaws.com/20150212_021215-max-erugal-WEB.mp3

This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I actually dont think the agent was that bad. I think we all know Enes is gone sooner or later - including Enes. I think Enes believes, perhaps not unfairly, if he stays it will affect his perceived market value. Which is what the agent basically presented here.

enes-kanter-pimp-daddy-1.jpg

This guy is so dumb that it seems fake. Incredable

He talked the whole damn time without any intermediate questions and basically spilled all the beans... then says no comment. There is something lost in translation i think, but if I heard that interview that is all I would need to know... I'd fire his ***.

Who is this guy... I wouldn't want him selling stuff on Craiglist for me let alone negotiating multi-million dollar contracts.

He talked the whole damn time without any intermediate questions and basically spilled all the beans... then says no comment. There is something lost in translation i think, but if I heard that interview that is all I would need to know... I'd fire his ***.

Who is this guy... I wouldn't want him selling stuff on Craiglist for me let alone negotiating multi-million dollar contracts.

Agreed there is some "lost in translation" things - like I don't think he meant to say best in his generation... Probably meant like he was one of best in his draft class because he was so high on draft boards.

But Enes was so young/raw coming in, the last thing he needed was having his number one advocate being just as ignorant to the NBA and all things that come with it. Ergul exposed his ignorance, naivity, etc when bitching about PT. Kanter has had ample PT since he's come in. He has been basically deplorable defensively in regards to team d principles and has shown no improvement. Part of that could be blamed on Corbin, a lot is desire and willingness to learn/watch film.

I've always supported Enes because of how gifted offensively he is, and naturally strong, and think a good/seasoned agent would've been able to talk him down per se with his current frustrations. This guy Ergul seems like a complete clownshow just looking for his check.

I'll be honestly, what I took away from that is how ****ty our media/radio people are here. Just let dude ramble and kill time all while barely answering any questions a listener would want to know.

Hard hitting stuff.

I'll be honestly, what I took away from that is how ****ty our media/radio people are here. Just let dude ramble and kill time all while barely answering any questions a listener would want to know.

Hard hitting stuff.

Yeah, I wish those guys would've pressed him about the fact Enes played basically ideal minutes considering his age/experience - or even asked the agent if Enes felt his **** defense contributed to him not playing 48 min a game.

Yeah, I wish those guys would've pressed him about the fact Enes played basically ideal minutes considering his age/experience - or even asked the agent if Enes felt his **** defense contributed to him not playing 48 min a game.

The last part. Any media member worth their salt would bring up the one thing OBVIOUSLY impacting his minutes. Don't want to offend anyone though.

Sarcasm? I wasn't inferring because he has an accent that doesn't mean he can't speak English. Countless grammatical errors when he spoke, and misuse of several words. Far from perfect English.

I was exaggerating. But he speaks English well enough to work in the US. It is definitely not a case of him not knowing what the word "greatest" meant. We understood we he was saying, and I don't think there were any serious ambiguities.

recap repost from the disappeared thread

I still had this on my clipboard from the disappeared thread, so I am reposting it here.

Quotes from the interview:
Does EK want to be traded from the Utah Jazz?
I think his exact words was he hoped to be traded by deadline. (Dallas postgame to local media)
Why do you think that would be?
I don't think its a one game, one postgame interview outburst /snip
I think there is an outgrown sensitivity with Enes related to his first couple of years, how little he was used;
and how little, him and his family believe there was lack of investment in his development.
Did you advise him how to deal with this situation?
First and most its not a public matter. It's between us and the executives.
Does this hurt the Jazz ability to make this movement?
I don't know...It was not planned...It's too late to really think about it...the cat's out of the box/snip
There was one thing that I said for years he wanted to be traded, that's not true. (emphatically)
Is he happy with the coaches and the development?
Yes he does.

Other items he touched on:
Max returns time and time again to discuss the first two years being a huge loss for EK.
To me, he doesn't come across as aggressive, antagonistic towards the Jazz.
EK has been in trade talks for a while, but it has never been between me and DL.
Declines to comment on whether 28mpg is not a big role, says that's up to him on how he envisions himself. Mentions first 2 years again.
Going forward he may even work harder.
Going forward, we won't have a problem working with the Jazz.

For me there is not much to argue with or hate. Kanter made a mistake that is almost to be expected of a passionate young kid. I think they will move forward, and I would guess that this makes zero impact on how QS treats him.

I'm sure the Jazz have explored trades, have not found the value they believe he has.

I think the biggest revelation here is that EK hated Corbins love affair with vets as much as we did.

This guy is so dumb that it seems fake. Incredable

I don't think he was that bad. Most of the stuff that didn't make sense was what he relayed about Enes's feelings. (About how he wants to be traded because he wasn't played enough during his first couple of years, and to a lesser extent because he's not being played enough now.) And he didn't claim that they were logical, only that that was the way Enes felt.

I was exaggerating. But he speaks English well enough to work in the US. It is definitely not a case of him not knowing what the word "greatest" meant. We understood we he was saying, and I don't think there were any serious ambiguities.

I thought it was pretty clear he was talking about "greatest in his generation" meaning that he was the best player of the younger generation that, for example, he was competing against in the Nike Hoops Summit. Not that he was claiming Enes is the best player of the last 20 years.

QS interview:
https://kfanav.s3.amazonaws.com/20150213_021215_quin-snyder-WEB-enes-kanter-trade-request.mp3

I hope Enes will continue to do that. (improve work etc.)
I'm focused on what's going on the court with my guys until something different happens.
Anything done or said surrounding a game I kind of discount...we're dealing with really young people.

For me, no surprises. Quinn did a good job of minimizing and the company news arm obliged to not extend the EK trade talk.

I thought it was pretty clear he was talking about "greatest in his generation" meaning that he was the best player of the younger generation that, for example, he was competing against in the Nike Hoops Summit. Not that he was claiming Enes is the best player of the last 20 years.

Yes of course. I never said otherwise.

I thought the agent was a douche judging by what the blogo has been saying about Enes' advisors but listening to this interview I think the guy is a solid dude. He didn't give a wrong answer.

A side I took from this is the unintended praise for Jerry Sloan's philosophy of giving players consistent, predictable playing time. The benching last game obviously set the young guy off. Maybe I'm having a turn of heart on the guy. He's a kid, he has kid emotions.

I thought the agent was a douche judging by what the blogo has been saying about Enes' advisors but listening to this interview I think the guy is a solid dude. He didn't give a wrong answer.

A side I took from this is the unintended praise for Jerry Sloan's philosophy of giving players consistent, predictable playing time. The benching last game obviously set the young guy off. Maybe I'm having a turn of heart on the guy. He's a kid, he has kid emotions.

Maybe he just needs a guy, he can call "DAD" ?

jefferson_mediawall.jpg

Zach Lowe tweeted:

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA
Kanter and Kanter's agents think he's a super-duper star MT @basketballtalk: Jazz’s Enes Kanter wants to be traded

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA · 19h 19 hours ago
Every player's personal team obviously pumps them up, but people around league are a bit wary of Kanter's people.

This is what I've been hearing. It's why getting good representation is so important for these guys.