What's new

List your top 10 favourite Jazz Players of all time.

Stockton
Malone
Hornacek
Memo
Deron
Gobert
Hayward
Millsap
Big Dog
I leave 10 as a wild card

Guys I liked and wished they had a more prominent role:
Korver
Araujo
Fesenko (this was his fault though)

Just because list:
Polynice

You're a douchebag list:
Mark Jackson
John Amaechi
Fisher
Roger Braille
Nice, shout out to polynice

Sent from my VS990 using JazzFanz mobile app

My top ten and why I’ll always remember them.

Karl Malone – The dirty slams, the southern accent, and the entertaining personality.
Mehmet “Money” Okur – Clutch shooter.
Paul Millsap – The “miracle in Miami” moment.
Rudy Gobert – the heart, the blocks, and the trashtalk.
D-will when paired with Boozer. – the almost Stockton to Malone duo. Killer crossovers.
John Stockton – greatest passer, the humbleness, “the shot” in Houston.
Jeff Hornacek – the 3 pointers, the face stroke free throws.
Gordon Hayward – The hair, the hustle, the fast break blocks, and a defender of e-sports.
Matt Harpring – down to earth hustle guy.
(Toss up between “Junkyard dog” Carroll or Booker) – favorite energy guys

Honorable mentions:
AK47 for his awesome passes, Derrick Favors for his humbleness, Al Jefferson for his footwork, Earl Watson for his mentorship, Sundiata Gaines for the Cavs buzzer beater, Raja bell for clotheslining Kobe, Brewer for his funky shooting technique, and Alec Burks for his circus shots.

The entertainers:
Out of shape Fesenko.
Jeremy Evans and his dunks.
Boozer yelling “And 1” every damn time.

Dark moments:
D-will during the coach killa phase.
CJ miles shooting a three.
Mo Williams hero ball mode.
Tyrone Corbin

The unforgivable:
Kanter the hater.
Fisher the traitor.

For leaving LeBron and Cleveland to come to Utah paired with being a 2-time all-star and a 20/10 player for a few years, Boozer isn't as loved around here as he should be.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Karl Malone – The dirty slams, the southern accent, and the entertaining personality.
Mehmet “Money” Okur – Clutch shooter.
Paul Millsap – The “miracle in Miami” moment.
Rudy Gobert – the heart, the blocks, and the trashtalk.
D-will when paired with Boozer. – the almost Stockton to Malone duo. Killer crossovers.
John Stockton – greatest passer, the humbleness, “the shot” in Houston.
Jeff Hornacek – the 3 pointers, the face stroke free throws.
Gordon Hayward – The hair, the hustle, the fast break blocks, and a defender of e-sports.
Matt Harpring – down to earth hustle guy.
(Toss up between “Junkyard dog” Carroll or Booker) – favorite energy guys

Honorable mentions:
AK47 for his awesome passes, Derrick Favors for his humbleness, Al Jefferson for his footwork, Earl Watson for his mentorship, Sundiata Gaines for the Cavs buzzer beater, Raja bell for clotheslining Kobe, Brewer for his funky shooting technique, and Alec Burks for his circus shots.

The entertainers:
Out of shape Fesenko.
Jeremy Evans and his dunks.
Boozer yelling “And 1” every damn time.

Dark moments:
D-will during the coach killa phase.
CJ miles shooting a three.
Mo Williams hero ball mode.
Tyrone Corbin

The unforgivable:
Kanter the hater.
Fisher the traitor.

Wow. Forgot Kanter played for the jazz or I'd have put him in dishonorable mention.

Stockton
Malone
Horny
Gobert
Hayward

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
The Reunion got me thinking. I am going from '90's on cause I only started watching Stock an Malone.

Stockton
Millsap
Memo
Rudy (gonna be number 2 soon enough, can't beat Stock ever)
Malone
Harpring
AK
DWill
Big Dog
Jeff Malone

Special mention BRuss. That guy was so underrated.

You must be one of the Hayward haters

Malone- Tough defense that had no boundaries. Consistent on offense and defense. Made other players respect Utah's playing system. Loved to play and especially play for Utah. Took pride in representing Salt Lake City. Played even while injured.
Stockton- Best passing skills of all time, excelled in whatever the team was lacking. Deadly clutch shooting. Wasn't afraid to set screens on bigger players and enjoyed getting in the heads of big stars to screw up their game.
Eaton- Blocking ability, defense, could guard any center in the league, great sky hook that wasn't utilized enough.
Hornacek- 3 point shooting ability. Excelled with the starters on the bench. Started confrontation with other guards. Defense.
Dantley- Offensive technician. Energy all the time. Wasn't afraid to scrap.
A.K. - Stat stuffing. Passionate about the game. Defense. Loved to prove people wrong.
Gobert - Defense and blocking ability. Plays with heart. Improved game year after year.
Hayward - Outside shot. Improving every year.
Carr - Bangs em up in the middle. Scraps for the ball. Dirty defense, Would've taken on king kong.
Booker - Did everything that would never make it on a stat sheet.

Greg Foster punishing Shaw y'all.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=chIr6wHWA1Y

ah the greatest moments in Jazz history... Killing Lakers in playoffs twice in a row was such a blast to watch.

My Top 10 in order:

Stockton
Gobert
Malone
Deron
Hornacek
Griffith
Okur
Russell
Kirilenko
Millsap

Missed the cut:
Adrian Dantley
Thurl Bailey
Jeff Malone
Ricky Green
David Benoit
Mark Eaton

Malone #1 just for the 50 stitches to Robinson. Then stock horny ak47 Rudy okur Eaton because he's one of the nicest people I've met Ron Boone thurl then Griffith

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

1. Malone/Stockton
3. Deron Williams
4. Jeff Hornacek
5. Bryon Russell
6. AK47
7. Gobert
8. Okur
9. Eaton
10. TBD

I'll add Hayward if he resigns with the Jazz. I also have to include DWill on the list. But that's about it.

Those 3 are/were an absolute joy to watch

Everyone else could be fun but at the end of the day were also rans including Hayward

Gobert may top my list someday dude makes me laugh like the Joker

Alternate list (hey I had a lot of faves over the years)

Ron Boone - only player I know to have played for both the Stars and the Jazz. Also had the prettiest rainbow jumper known to man.
A.D. One of a kind. Greatest 6'4" power forward to ever play the game.
Thurl Bailey - Silky smooth also enjoy his commentary.
Darrell Griffith - second prettiest rainbow known to man.
Dell Curry - Dead Eye Dell has had the greatest legacy of all.
Rickey Green - Hot Rod called him the fastest of them all - dude could fly.
Greg Foster - Only guy I know besides Barkley that wasn't afraid to go toe to toe with Shaq
John Drew - sad reminder of the worst trade in NBA history (Wilkins), but he was a cool dude (did some outreach where I worked at the time) and had a knack for scoring the basketball.
Pistol Pete Maravich - relegated to the bench by the time the Jazz landed here but still he played for the Jazz and was one of the all time greats.
Paul Milsap - Of all the players that have left via free agency, I miss Sap the most.

I will have to think about this and make a list later.

I was a HUGE Carlos Boozer fan. I liked him more than probably anyone.

Were you on this board during Boozer's last season when I was literally the ONLY one defending him back when I was known as the Priceline Negotiator? People ate some MAJOR crow that season! AND ONE MOTHER #*$&!!!

I only ask because your join date is probably right around the time Jason pretended that this site got hacked (and everyone had to re-register) so he could convince gullible suckers to give him more donations.

Might go baseline one time and abuse ya, run back down the court like ya know it was BOOZA!