What's new

Locke going all-in on Kobe Bufkin. What are your thoughts?

He is pretty well liked on here. I think many of us would be fine with him at 9 although there are better options in my opinion. If he somehow fell to 16 that would be a home run.
DA is taking him with the 28th pick.

He is pretty well liked on here. I think many of us would be fine with him at 9 although there are better options in my opinion. If he somehow fell to 16 that would be a home run.
I would be slightly disappointed with him at 9. Would rather have hendricks, bilal, wallace, walker, black, and dick to name a few. Happy at 16 (though I want Hawkins or hope wallace falls to that point)

I would prefer they draft someone like Hendricks at 9 and then trade up a few slots from 16 to take a guard such as Bufkin (or JHS or Wallace). All 3 might be on the board at that point.
definitely. and even better. i should have mentioned that option.

I really like Bufkin, but I'll admit you have to kind of imagine some things to see the high upside. He played mostly off ball, so it's not certain he'll be able to be more than just a rotation level combo guard.

His most impressive stats were his rim finishing, which I think he's going to have to get a lot stronger to be as effective in the NBA.

He doesn't really have any weaknesses though, so he seems like a safe bet to be pretty good in the NBA.

Bufkin is pretty slight of frame,lacks a Trae Young skill set to ignore it, and so is in need of 900 or more days hitting the bells, to be a Danny Ainge type guard before 16th.
In fact I think it's smoke