What's new

Lockout Optimisim - Free Agency on team minds - Who goes and who stays?

MattMan

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
by Lockedonsports
Signs of labor optimism: Team execs cancelling scouting trips, preparing for free agency. Agents quietly reaching out to teams on players.

Well, I don't want to get too excited about this, but it looks like things are looking better. How fast and how big with the Trade and Free Agent market go?

Who do you think KOC will send off? Who do we get? 1, 2, or maybe even more roster spots?

I like the group we got right now, at least for this next season. Only thing I really want to see happens is to re-sign Earl Watson, dude's a stud.

A veteran wing is the only real priority. No way we go into the season with only Hayward/CJ/Bell/Burks. But who that is depends on whatever system Ty is going to run.

We don't need to do any major signings, imo, nor should we. Just let our young guys develop while getting a top 10 pick in the process.

I believe, with rookies, we are at 11 players. The last CBA required 13, this one will probably require 13 as well.

Watson and Kirilenko are the logical, likely candidates.

I would resign Earl. Veteran wing is more difficult. We probably need another wing who can defend both the 2 and the 3 for the nights that Hayward, CJ and/or Burks are getting beasted. Someone like Joey Graham would be good.

Okur
Favors
Jefferson
Kanter
Millsap
Evans
CJ
Hayward
Raja
Burks
Harris

I'd like to see the Jazz re-sign Earl and AK to bring the roster size to 13. If AK stays in Russia, I'm not sure who the Jazz should pick up on the wing. What are the options?

Watson was good, and I want him back.
but GREAT? Let's not get that carried away.

As far as backups go, with the limited responsibilities and expectations, I think you could say he was a "geat" backup.

At this point I agree with the sentiment that we play what we have. There are likely no blockbusters out there and we have some solid rookies/newbies that need some PT. I say let the young guys play significant minutes, set ourselves up for a good position in what is likely to be one of the better drafts over the past decade, and come roaring into 2012-13 and shock everyone with a WCF berth. Make D Will cry in his bademli tavuk for having left like he did.

Hayward to Favors FTW.

At this point I agree with the sentiment that we play what we have. There are likely no blockbusters out there and we have some solid rookies/newbies that need some PT. I say let the young guys play significant minutes, set ourselves up for a good position in what is likely to be one of the better drafts over the past decade, and come roaring into 2012-13 and shock everyone with a WCF berth. Make D Will cry in his bademli tavuk for having left like he did.

Hayward to Favors FTW.

Stop making me give you rep.

Sounds like the players will manage to get another 'buyout' or amnesty clause in this CBA. Any Jazz players that would be candidates for a buyout? Any chance the jazz can claim one of the amnesty players? Can we all agree that there is zero chance that none of the overpaid players who still has game will accept less money to come play for the Jazz.

I think we should pick up Pooh Jeter.

We have to have a Pooh chant for every game, it helps morale.