What's new

Longest Thread Ever

This is the first time I've had to dig my thread up from page 4. Really.

Looking at how many new threads are popping up, and the topics being discussed. . . . we have hit a new low. Pretty soon we'll have about a million threads about nothing, every day. New threads, mind you.

Who drinks lemonade?

Who in here drinks Sprite?

Who in here drinks Root Beer?

Who in here doesn't drink?

Who in here is bored?

Who in here has read a newspaper?

Who in here watches the News?

Who in here cares?

What is basketball?

hey folks, you can use this thread and keep it on page one.

Nope
Nope
Nope, but my grandpa made the best homemade
Everybody does in some form
Never
Parts...rarely
Try not to
Not a whole lot
diversion

Nope
Nope
Never
Parts...rarely
Try not to
Not a whole lot
diversion

fun quiz. I was able to project your IQ from this to disqualify you from pretending to be below the average IQ, with a confidence level of 99.99999999%

you did, however, disqualify as a member of JazzFanz by failing the last question.

Basketball is not "diversion", it is the most fundamentally significant aspect of Life. It's the whole point of this forum, and of our earthly probation. Jesus is only relevant because he was the greatest point guard ever.

Nope
Nope
Never
Parts...rarely
Try not to
Not a whole lot
diversion

this is actually not true.

As a member of the rat family, some of us don't need to drink, as we can make do with the water contained in our food. Living in the desert, like laying in the tube at the tanning salon, induces compensating biological responses. Somebody should do a scientific study on the drinking needs of species, differentiating between city rats and desert rats. Maybe evaluate for the presence of inducible proteins that appear in thirsty individuals after long periods of scarce fluids. . . . .

As a member of the rat family, some of us don't need to drink, as we can make do with the water contained in our food. Living in the desert, like laying in the tube at the tanning salon, induces compensating biological responses. Somebody should do a scientific study on the drinking needs of species, differentiating between city rats and desert rats. Maybe evaluate for the presence of inducible proteins that appear in thirsty individuals after long periods of scarce fluids. . . . .

hows this for a seg way.

I'm listening to early morning KBYU GA speaker talking about the evils of cyberspace fictions displacing "real" social interaction.

"the well-chronicled fantasy of "second life" " moving into a fantasy relationship "contrived fiction" "marriage". . . . . moving into gamers' addictions. . . .

contrasted to "things as they really are" . . . . from a religious perspective????

I wondered where my wife got this idea of hers about the evils of Jazzfanz. . . ..

So now the topic du jour of this thread is cyber rats. QuinSnyder you are being summoned to the principal's office. . . .

pretty much strikes me as "awestriking" to have an extended religious ideological rant, projecting a specific religious "reality" onto the Cosmos. . . .onto God Himself. . . . self-defining "reality".

hmmmm. . . . . . .invoking essentially the same notions I usually invoke in my cosmological "reality". . . . . but in a way I consider "false". Because it's all directed at encouraging the listener to "follow the Leader", who is deemed infallible. . . . but which the gerneral authorities themselves have formed into a policy that prohibits God Himself, even if He speaks to "His Prophet", from "speaking" unless given permission from the "Correlation Committee", or it's currently renamed clone. . . . "Encouraging Members Committee" or whatever. . . ."Guiding Member Testimonies" committee. . . ..

a department of social science experts whose proficiency is crafting propaganda. . . . . public relations.

blasphemy???

No one can speak without approval. . . even the Holy Ghost is proscribed from the formula. . . .

supposedly advocating for Jesus who gave the Beattitudes and many other teachings that placed a man's conscience above "following" leaders like the High Priest that sat in Moses' seat, calling on men to reject hypocrisy and teachers who do not follow their own recantations of God's words. . . .

The "right way" to hold LDS meetings is to invite God in, and hope for the best. . . .

has resulted in some embarassment, like Parley P. Pratt's "Key to Theology" exposition on evolution explaining "race" in the context of observing how black skin,flat noses, and many other "deformations" from the White Standard are the consequence of sin. . . . .

human beings are pretty much going to equate their own notions with God's, when in "preacher" mode. . . .

no surprise the Brethren have sat around that table, and knowing one another well enough to project the consequences of liberty, found themselves horrified at the prospect, and bound themselves to the dictates of a professional committee trained to look at how other people are going to react to what is said. . . . .

So if you really don't believe in God enough to put the Church in His Hands, why call it His Church?

imponderable mysteries aside, one of my brothers was a friend and even played basketball with one of the LDS GAs who is/was considered one of the brightest stars in the GA constellation. He commented about how the Church was obviously going to "quality" selections for office. . . . .

could that correlate to being someone who prefers a cautious policy on public speaking? Like, it takes a smart man to write out his speech and hand it to his wife for editing. . . . .

Is it just a smarter way of handling "preaching"??

students of history have sometimes exulted in the dictum that those who don't study history are going to repeat it.

human history is inherently cyclical, it follows recurring patterns whether or not people have any knowledge of the past, for reasons that are inherent in human nature.

a loving God, looking over our nations, our churches, and our families, can see us with a different perspective than our own. If it were important that we should be a "great" nation, or a "true" church, or a "perfect" family, some of us think that means he will intervene somehow, as Israel claimed in their religious tradition. . . . bringing them out of Egypt, giving the Ten Commandments and The Law. . . . .

Sending Jesus to show us a better way. . . .

Sometimes, looking at what seem to be the absurdities of belief, I wonder. . . .

wouldn't a wiser God wait to be "invited" in to a nation, a church, or a family. . . . or your own life.

"A gift that's demanded is no gift at all".

and that works both ways, whether we demand or expect something of God, or whether He should expect anything of us.

It's amazing how good things can be if you don't expect something. . . . else.

Sending Jesus to show us a better way. . . .

Sometimes, looking at what seem to be the absurdities of belief, I wonder. . . .

wouldn't a wiser God wait to be "invited" in to a nation, a church, or a family. . . . or your own life.

"A gift that's demanded is no gift at all".

and that works both ways, whether we demand or expect something of God, or whether He should expect anything of us.

It's amazing how good things can be if you don't expect something. . . . else.

This speaks to me.

As a member of the rat family, some of us don't need to drink, as we can make do with the water contained in our food.

okay then

templeton_l.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLr8CUJjuzM

Well, I dug this thread up from page five.

I guess I wasn't paying attention to Pearls' cry for help, here.

I hope the "need" has a longer life span than twenty days. . . . ha ha. . . . no, this song was for the thread, not for me.

I went AWOL trying to remember how to play chess.