What's new

Looking at the Jazz depth and versatility

seattlejazzfan

Based on who was on the roster and who could potentially be on the roster in the upcoming season, I see as follows, listed by depth:

PG - Exum6'6", Cotton6'0", Burke6'1", Hanlan6'5", Burks6'6"
SG - Burks6'6", Hood6'8", Hayward6'8", Sap6'6", Ingles6'7", Exum6'6", Hanlan6'5"
SF - Hayward6'8", Hood6'8", Ingles6'7", Booker6'7", Sap6'6", Lyles6'11", Burks6'6"
PF - Favors6'10", Booker6'7", Lyles6'11", Hayward6'8", Evans6'9"
C - Gobert7'2", Favors6'10", Lyles6'11", Cooley6'10"

Snyder and Lindsey have built a versatile team with 8 guys between 6'5" and 6'8" who can play several positions.

The Jazz don't need bodies. If they can get a great player in free agency, that would be ideal, but from a depth standpoint, they are set at every position with the size to go big or small at every spot.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see this team gel together.
Not a single knucklehead on the team

If Hanlan succeeds at being a back up he'll be our shortest guy in the rotation at ~6' 4"

I think what stands out most to me is how deep the Jazz are at the wing positions. Even if you don't include Sap, Ingles and Hanlan, you have Exum, Burks, Hood, Hayward, Booker and Lyles - six players - just as core guys who can play those two spots.

I think what stands out most to me is how deep the Jazz are at the wing positions. Even if you don't include Sap, Ingles and Hanlan, you have Exum, Burks, Hood, Hayward, Booker and Lyles - six players - just as core guys who can play those two spots.

Wait, Booker and Lyles are wings now?

Wait, Booker and Lyles are wings now?

They are not prototypical wings, but they can both spend time at SF, which is one of the two wing positions, if needed (it will rarely be needed because the Jazz are so deep). But I'm not going to argue what is a wing or what isn't a wing - the main point of my post is that those six guys can cover the SF and SG positions.

Based on who was on the roster and who could potentially be on the roster in the upcoming season, I see as follows, listed by depth:

PG - Exum6'6", Cotton6'0", Burke6'1", Hanlan6'5", Burks6'6"
SG - Burks6'6", Hood6'8", Hayward6'8", Sap6'6", Ingles6'7", Exum6'6", Hanlan6'5"
SF - Hayward6'8", Hood6'8", Ingles6'7", Booker6'7", Sap6'6", Lyles6'11", Burks6'6"
PF - Favors6'10", Booker6'7", Lyles6'11", Hayward6'8", Evans6'9"
C - Gobert7'2", Favors6'10", Lyles6'11", Cooley6'10"

Snyder and Lindsey have built a versatile team with 8 guys between 6'5" and 6'8" who can play several positions.

The Jazz don't need bodies. If they can get a great player in free agency, that would be ideal, but from a depth standpoint, they are set at every position with the size to go big or small at every spot.

FYI, Jingles is listed at 6-8 and maybe taller; Hanlan is 6-4; Cotton is 5-11, and Burke is under 6 without shoes. But you know how players' heights are seldom accurate. Since I don't go to the games in person, not living in Utah or an NBA city, it's hard to know for sure. You guys who go to the games would know better. And is Lyles actually taller than Favors?

FYI, Jingles is listed at 6-8 and maybe taller; Hanlan is 6-4; Cotton is 5-11, and Burke is under 6 without shoes. But you know how players' heights are seldom accurate. Since I don't go to the games in person, not living in Utah or an NBA city, it's hard to know for sure. You guys who go to the games would know better. And is Lyles actually taller than Favors?
Hanlan is 6'3.25", on average, shoes add about 1.5" which puts Hanlan at 6'4.75" closer to 6'5". Burke is 6'1" unless he decides to play barefoot. Yes, Lyles is taller than Favors, but Favors is longer.