What's new

Looking back on the Iraq war

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
This is an interesting article regarding the Iraq war. I'm proud to say I was among the 16% who were against this war from the start. Hundreds of thousands murdered for what?

"Twenty years ago this month, the United States launched a major military invasion of Iraq, marking the second time it fought a war in that country in a little more than a decade. It was the start of an eight-year conflict that resulted in the deaths of more than 4,000 U.S. servicemembers and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis."

"Even before his speech, Americans were inclined to believe the worst about Hussein’s regime. In a survey conducted a few weeks prior to the State of the Union, 73% favored military action in Iraq to end Hussein’s rule; just 16% were opposed. More than half (56%) said the U.S. should take action against Iraq “even if it meant U.S. forces might suffer thousands of casualties.”

Iran was scared to death of Saddam. He was a bad evil dude but he kept Iran in check. This was a huge screw up by W, Condi and Colin Powell.

Iran was scared to death of Saddam. He was a bad evil dude but he kept Iran in check. This was a huge screw up by W, Condi and Colin Powell.

"Invading Iraq in 2003 was strategic folly and one of the worst foreign policy decisions in the history of the Republic. Tainted and inaccurate intelligence provided justification for disarming Saddam Hussein of weapons of mass destruction that didn’t exist. Pretending that Iraq could be the hearth for democracy in the Middle East or that it was abetting Al Qaeda terrorists were similar delusions. But the decision to invade defied an even larger truth, one that was clear even before the war. Iraq provided a physical and practical buffer to Iran, a country that few disputed had an active weapons of mass destruction program in 2003 and which has consistently demonstrated the intent to use such a capability alongside its terrorist objectives."

Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld... the asses of evil.
Those are the neocons. Nikki Haley is ideologically in the same camp as Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld. Voting Nikki Haley into office would be returning that foreign policy to power.

Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld... the asses of evil.

Doesn't Dick Cheney now have a mechanical heart? Even death wont touch the evil ****.

I remember marching against the war with over a million Melbournians (1.6 i think was the estimate) almost a third of the city's population was against the war, similar marches happened in every Australian capital city yet we still committed troops to a criminal war that destroyed a country and will affect generations of people. Who knew shooting sheppards with 5.56 and depleted uranium rounds is what freedom is about?

In the end the powerful will always oppress the powerless.

Doesn't Dick Cheney now have a mechanical heart? Even death wont touch the evil ****.

I remember marching against the war with over a million Melbournians (1.6 i think was the estimate) almost a third of the city's population was against the war, similar marches happened in every Australian capital city yet we still committed troops to a criminal war that destroyed a country and will affect generations of people. Who knew shooting sheppards with 5.56 and depleted uranium rounds is what freedom is about?

In the end the powerful will always oppress the powerless.
But but weppponzz of mass deStrCTiOn

Not American investment in the economy and access to American weapons?
no no no my friend It was all about little Johnny getting a pat on the back and being called superman by W Never mind how many soldiers were blown up or have crippling PTSD for life

Eh, who hasn't?

Being mostly responsible for the straight up murder of not only the Iraqis but all the Americans and dudes without limbs, pieces of their skulls, brain dead, paralyzed or mentally shattered/dead of suicide I wouldn't be surprised if he shot the dude on acci-purpose.

Being mostly responsible for the straight up murder of not only the Iraqis but all the Americans and dudes without limbs, pieces of their skulls, brain dead, paralyzed or mentally shattered/dead of suicide I wouldn't be surprised if he shot the dude on acci-purpose.
When my dad was 9 or 10 he went pheasant hunting on his uncle's land in West Warren Utah with a big group of family and some friends and watched some neighbor kid shoot his uncle with a 12 gauge from maybe 20 feet away when a few birds flew between them and he just focused on the bird and not what was behind it. Pretty gruesome I guess. My dad said they didn't let him see what was going on but that his uncle died a few days later from it.

When my dad was 9 or 10 he went pheasant hunting on his uncle's land in West Warren Utah with a big group of family and some friends and watched some neighbor kid shoot his uncle with a 12 gauge from maybe 20 feet away when a few birds flew between them and he just focused on the bird and not what was behind it. Pretty gruesome I guess. My dad said they didn't let him see what was going on but that his uncle died a few days later from it.
I have nearly shot my family members while pheasant hunting before as well.

Also one time when I was duck hunting my dad and I were quite hidden down in some reeds near the shore and my oldest brother had went out to a little island and a duck landed on the water between us and next thing I know little bb's from the shotgun shell are flying throw the reeds at us. A couple were stuck in our cooler and a few hit my coat.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk