What's new

Looking for a tactic

PL:thanks for the helpful advice all ya jazz fans offered!Hope our class could win the ring,and one day we’ll get to witness a championship banner in delta center too!

Last edited:
Chen

Chengdu(perhaps not so famous)
Chengdu is very famous. I have been there a few times. But unfortunately I dont know anyone there with basketball. I worked for the Chinese Olympic committee for a long time and still work with some teams in China but mostly Beijing with basketball.

Wow!Never thought I’d meet someone familiar with Chengdu here
And well,Chinese basketball looks like taking step after step back ,just like our men’s football
We lost to the Phillipinos without JC, and even lost to Japan for the first time in 84 years!
I wonder what your opinion on Chinese basketball is like
(I personally envy a lot how students in America get to train bball for hours while we could only sit in the classroom and study till 10 PM)

And a not so great update on our record:
We lost a close game,falling by one point
Our 3s and even free throws were just not dropping
we’ll adjust in time,and play the final game of our group.
If we win,we enter the elimination rounds,we lose,and we go home
And it’ll be on Monday 6:30 PM
We have no choice but to win, in our classic purple and white Jersies!

Good Luck! I hope you win it, it may be the closest someone in a jazz themed jersey gets to the playoffs for a while.

We finally came in third place:actually a pretty decent result considering our powe rankings
Damn I only averaged about two points a game,along with five rebounds,one steal and half a block
but our center and PG was tough in the fight for the 3rd place
So anyways we won it
Hope we can see the Jazz in the playoffs so deep one day

I am sorry I missed this thread. I have 15 years teaching youth basketball and love to watch. I did have a 3 year stink with only 3 losses and 2 championships. 2 losses first year 1 loss the second year and undefeated the 3rd year. (Helped that my son Jake was super tall for his age. Rest in peace, my gentle giant)

I always taught 3 defenses. Of course, there is man to man that is the easiest to get kids to understand but if the other team has quick players I would use a 2-3 zone. That takes a little to teach them to rotate when the ball moves but I would also teach trapping out of the zone. 3rd defense was a 3-2 if they started hitting shots. this put more people guarding the 3-point line. Also effective if the other team doesn't have any big players. 3 simple defenses and changing them throughout the game helps keep the other team off balance.

Next I taught a very basic motion offense. this video shows a simple version but mine is even more basic.

View: https://youtu.be/uD1rbtWmy7A?si=AbASqwPgvOiVnvNz

Mine puts a lot on the playering bringing the ball up but everyone can interchange positions.

I am sorry I missed this thread. I have 15 years teaching youth basketball and love to watch. I did have a 3 year stink with only 3 losses and 2 championships. 2 losses first year 1 loss the second year and undefeated the 3rd year. (Helped that my son Jake was super tall for his age. Rest in peace, my gentle giant)

I always taught 3 defenses. Of course, there is man to man that is the easiest to get kids to understand but if the other team has quick players I would use a 2-3 zone. That takes a little to teach them to rotate when the ball moves but I would also teach trapping out of the zone. 3rd defense was a 3-2 if they started hitting shots. this put more people guarding the 3-point line. Also effective if the other team doesn't have any big players. 3 simple defenses and changing them throughout the game helps keep the other team off balance.

Next I taught a very basic motion offense. this video shows a simple version but mine is even more basic.

View: https://youtu.be/uD1rbtWmy7A?si=AbASqwPgvOiVnvNz

Mine puts a lot on the playering bringing the ball up but everyone can interchange positions.

Oh man
RIP
also:thx for the video tuition.We mostly used man to man,but we used an effective zone playing a class with no tall centers

Last edited:
Also,this reminds me of the days I played in the boys&girls club
Our coach was super nice,and he had a tall and handsome son who played both bball and soccer well
We won at least two championships
Such a pity I lost connections gradually after I Left US
My lads at that club ,beacon heights and bonneville were all great,hope we could meet again someday