What's new

LoPo Plan 11/19/20 10:54 CST

LoPo

Trade Rudy for John Collins, Kevin Huerter, Capella and future 1st round picks

Sign Favors for some of the MLE

We groomed Rudy. Now, we groom Udoka to play the Rudy role. He won't be as good, but we dont need to rely on an old school C as much anyway. Favors and Capella handle starting C until Udoka is ready.

This current rotation will battle for the playoffs:
Don
Royce
Bojan
Collins
Favors/Capella
Conley
Huerter
Udoka
Maybe JC

Our long term future core looks strong:

Don (all purpose)
Huerter (floor spreader)
Collins(all purpose)
Udoka (Rudy role)

Plus we have extra 1st rounders to play with. This is a one step back hopefully 3 steps forward approach building around Don and Collins as future all stars.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Unfortunately FO would not trade Rudy until midseason. Then we are gonna be watching a similar meltdown that occurred 10 years ago. Just pray DM wouldn't demand a trade by then.

As things stand we still don't have a legitimate 4 or any perimeter defense. Too much ground to make up in this FA.

As things stand we still don't have a legitimate 4 or any perimeter defense. Too much ground to make up in this FA.
I agree. We lack the quality at SG, SF and PF to be legit.

And we still don't know what Rudy's number will be.

A Don extension + Rudy extension + Bojan + Joe + Royce + lack of a future 1st = means little chance to expand upon what we are anytime soon.

If that's what Atlanta offered (with future 1sts being plural) I'd be on it. We're not getting a better deal than that. I wish Atlanta would offer that.

That's a **** ton to get back for Rudy. Really don't think we're getting that much in a haul for him.

That's a **** ton to get back for Rudy. Really don't think we're getting that much in a haul for him.

Collins is the focal point, but he isn't Rudy and is due an extension next summer. With Rudy, Capella becomes an unnecessary overpaid backup. Huerter is a SG/SF shooter, but Atlanta still has Hunter, Reddish, and the wing they just drafted at SF. And they are targeting Hayward and Gallinari too.

I think we could compromise and just take 1 first.

Seems like a lot, but totally worth it for Atlanta who would get a lot from a Trae/Rudy combo.

Collins is the focal point, but he isn't Rudy and is due an extension next summer. With Rudy, Capella becomes an unnecessary overpaid backup. Huerter is a SG/SF shooter, but Atlanta still has Hunter, Reddish, and the wing they just drafted at SF. And they are targeting Hayward and Gallinari too.

I think we could compromise and just take 1 first.

Seems like a lot, but totally worth it for Atlanta who would get a lot from a Trae/Rudy combo.

They did have a synergy in the all star game

Trade Rudy for John Collins, Kevin Huerter, Capella and future 1st round picks

Sign Favors for some of the MLE

We groomed Rudy. Now, we groom Udoka to play the Rudy role. He won't be as good, but we dont need to rely on an old school C as much anyway. Favors and Capella handle starting C until Udoka is ready.

This current rotation will battle for the playoffs:
Don
Royce
Bojan
Collins
Favors/Capella
Conley
Huerter
Udoka
Maybe JC

Our long term future core looks strong:

Don (all purpose)
Huerter (floor spreader)
Collins(all purpose)
Udoka (Rudy role)

Plus we have extra 1st rounders to play with. This is a one step back hopefully 3 steps forward approach building around Don and Collins as future all stars.

I like your idea and I love favors but with Capella and Udoka we probably do not need favs. I think Millsap at the right price would fit coming in off the bench.

I am concerned with the defense on that first unit too.

one last trade to make me happy would be moving Conley. I love the idea of moving conley for Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker. (then you wouldn't need millsap maybe Cy's guy Justin Holiday)

Go after Kris Dunn, Frank Jackson, or Shaq Harrison at the backup PG

DM, Harrison, Forrest
O'Neal, Huerter, Tucker
Bog, Ingles, Holiday
Collins, Tucker, Morgan
Capela, Azubuike, Davis

I like your idea and I love favors but with Capella and Udoka we probably do not need favs. I think Millsap at the right price would fit coming in off the bench.

one last trade to make me happy would be moving Conley. I love the idea of moving conley for Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker. (then you wouldn't need millsap maybe Cy's guy Justin Holiday)

DM, Harrison, Forrest
O'Neal, Huerter, Tucker
Bog, Ingles, Holiday
Collins, Tucker, Morgan
Capela, Azubuike, Davis
That is beautiful. The veterans from Houston (Gordon and PJ) would counteract the inexperience coming from Atlanta (Collins and Huerter). I like it.

DM, Harrison, Forrest
O'Neal, Huerter, Tucker
Bog, Ingles, Holiday
Collins, Tucker, Morgan
Capela, Azubuike, Davis
Just looked at Gordon's deal. I'm not a big fan at that price. $17, $18 and $19.5 the next 3 years. Seems like a lot.

Maybe we just send Davis and 2 2nd rounders for Tucker. Houston saves a few million and we get much needed vet post player.

Whether we trade Rudy or not, we should be pursuing PJ using Davis.

DM, Harrison, Forrest
O'Neal, Huerter, Tucker
Bog, Ingles, Holiday
Collins, Tucker, Morgan
Capela, Azubuike, Davis
I just realized i never included Gordon in there.