What's new

Lottery-ball z

Oh I’m for sure thinking about losing the pick and having that as a factor in the Lauri trade. What do you mean we just got that pick twice and the team is way worse. Like yeah we got Hendricks as a rookie… that’s not why we were way worse. 10-14 is a really rich draft area. It’d be pretty foolish not to factor that in… it is not the sole factor though.

It’s not that Lauri is too old it’s that even if everything lines up against super low odds you still likely have a tighter window than you’d like. If you land the GUY it still likely works out pretty well as you mentioned you could trade Lauri later maybe… the return likely not as good as you’d want and you’d be looking for win now talent and likely getting offers centered around picks.

We will see what the offseason has but an Ingram Lauri pairing or whatever they try to manufacture has such a low ceiling it makes me feel like the FO has no plan.

That pick was not conveyed two years in a row, and our team is now way worse and will continue to be worse if we allocate time to rookies+ young players. Chances of that pick conveying continue to get lower with the competitive West. If the young players + Lauri propel us to convey the pick I’m definitely not going to think….damn we should have have gotten rid of Lauri.

I don’t want to trade for almost guy just to get to convey zone….but if Keyonte, for example, became almost guy and now we suddenly lost the 11th pick because he and Lauri are so good I’m not upset about that. I’d probably be more bummed out in the event that we found almost guy organically, but we had already traded Lauri.

It’s just such a small consideration when making a major decision like Lauri. If I’m going to buy an expensive home, I’m not going to worry about the paint color in the basement bathroom.

FWIW Woj seems to think Houston might try to package #3 back to Brooklyn as part of a Mikal Bridges deal. They apparently tried to acquire Bridges at the trade deadline too.

BKN should be all over that. Their current plan of trying to make Mikal a star and build around him that way is trash.

BKN should be all over that. Their current plan of trying to make Mikal a star and build around him that way is trash.
I believe their current plan is to get Donny to run with those guys. If that fails they in trouble.

That pick was not conveyed two years in a row, and our team is now way worse and will continue to be worse if we allocate time to rookies+ young players. Chances of that pick conveying continue to get lower with the competitive West. If the young players + Lauri propel us to convey the pick I’m definitely not going to think….damn we should have have gotten rid of Lauri.

Okay I wasn’t sure what you meant initially. Thought it was a weird cause and effect thing. Like because we got those guys we are now way worse. My bad.
I don’t want to trade for almost guy just to get to convey zone….but if Keyonte, for example, became almost guy and now we suddenly lost the 11th pick because he and Lauri are so good I’m not upset about that. I’d probably be more bummed out in the event that we found almost guy organically, but we had already traded Lauri.
If that’s how it happened then fine. I think it’s more likely Sexton Lauri Walker are good enough to beat up on lesser teams and Key/Taylor don’t hurt us… and you end up 10th and someone passes you.

It’s just such a small consideration when making a major decision like Lauri. If I’m going to buy an expensive home, I’m not going to worry about the paint color in the basement bathroom.
Losing the pick is way more than the basement paint lol. It’s literally driven our thinking the last half of the season two seasons in a row. We risked pissing off Lauri and everyone else by making tank trades midseason so you are downplaying it to a comical degree.

Okay I wasn’t sure what you meant initially. Thought it was a weird cause and effect thing. Like because we got those guys we are now way worse. My bad.

If that’s how it happened then fine. I think it’s more likely Sexton Lauri Walker are good enough to beat up on lesser teams and Key/Taylor don’t hurt us… and you end up 10th and someone passes you.

Losing the pick is way more than the basement paint lol. It’s literally driven our thinking the last half of the season two seasons in a row. We risked pissing off Lauri and everyone else by making tank trades midseason so you are downplaying it to a comical degree.

I feel like if you have trade KO, even Simone to secure a pick that’s one think. I wouldn’t consider trading Lauri to avoid losing a 10-14 pick and it’s a hypothetical situation anyways. I’d say if we are that good where we do lose it, we’re probably in a good situation of it came organically.

And now you care about pissing Lauri off? Well I guess if that happens you trade Lauri. To avoid trading Lauri, you could solve that by trading him preemptively lol.

Jokes aside, I think it’s a much different vibe when you start out and then quit versus starting out with the team that can’t get there to begin with. In any case, I’m not worried about this 1) because we probably won’t convey with or without Lauri 2) Lauri is a much bigger consideration than a 10-14 pick 3) In the event that we do lose it by way of good organic development, that’s a good situation because it means we had a ton of development.

On one hand I wanna swear the lottery luck... but on the other hand if there ever was a year to get screwed in the lottery.. its probably this one.

Btw those who are pointing to Pistons being very unlucky... I would like to remind that landing #5 twice in a row with the worst record almost equals to throwing heads twice in a row when you hope for tails. Its something you should brace for if the FO decides to truely dive deep into the tank.
It's why tanking sucks, is dumb, and sucks.

It's not only a low probability way to improve, it also sacrifices the current season and builds a culture of losing and fan apathy.

It's why tanking sucks, is dumb, and sucks.

It's not only a low probability way to improve, it also sacrifices the current season and builds a culture of losing and fan apathy.
Nope. We need to tank like crazy.

There are also other ways to tank with how competitive the west is. Don’t have to trade Lauri. I do think you should be completely transparent with him though if you choose that route. I also think you should know your trade options with him if you get honest like that. Just in case it changes the renegotiation and extend negotiations.

Lauri still has holes in his game, so they could try sell it as a developmental season to ready him for his biggest contract after this one, and could sell it like "We fix these holes in your game and get these people on rookie contracts repetitions as well, and 25-> we will do everything in the FA and trade market to improve the team"

I’m pretty bummed about dropping, but hopefully we can make one of these two trades to maximize this draft and increase future flexibility:

#10 and #32 to OKC for #12 and the rights to our future pick back

#29 to LAL (they draft Bronny) for the 2027 pick to become unprotected

I’m pretty bummed about dropping, but hopefully we can make one of these two trades to maximize this draft and increase future flexibility:

#10 and #32 to OKC for #12 and the rights to our future pick back

#29 to LAL (they draft Bronny) for the 2027 pick to become unprotected
I would do both of those I think

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk