What's new

Lowe: Jazz is team to watch against GSW

latin jazz

In today's podcast Zach Lowe discussed with Arnovitz about the teams he is most excited about playing against GSW, teams that may figure something out to stop them. There are two teams in the West: Spurs and the Jazz.

According to Lowe we are now hungry, athletic, deep, young, well-coached. He highlights how good we played against GSW last year and their potential matchup problems against our bigs (no rim protection.

Arnovits thinks we are Top 5 defensive team, top 12 on offense. Both agree we are a top 4 team in the West.

For those who want to listen, skip to the 35 min mark:

https://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=16832546

Can't wait for the season the start

Lowe is really smart when it comes to basketball and he has always seemed to like the Jazz...I hope he is right

Excellent.

Tried to type it out as best I could some good snippets from Zach Lowe:

"You know who I'm interested in? I want to see the Jazz take it to the Warriors. I think the Jazz are going to be really good, and they're deep, and they're big, and look, Zaza is a tough dude and David West is as tough as they come in the NBA, but those dudes can't jump, and they can't protect the rim and they can't rebound with the Jazz. I want to see a team like Utah who is young, athletic, deep, physical, and big. They played the Warriors tough last year, now this is a different team with KD. But the Jazz are hungry and young, I want to see it."

"I don't see any reason why the Jazz can't be a top 4 seed next year. They're an interesting counter for what the Warriors are going to be."

Kevin Arnovitz also said this:

"I am extremely excited about the Jazz. There's this 9 and 10 man rotation that's just emerged, that really makes a lot of sense. They're so versatile and flexible. Last year, you watch Jazz games, and they really have to work hard for shots."

"It was not a natural offense in terms of skill, but now, it looks a whole lot more capable. That run they had last year defensively when they were healthy was incredible. They're hungry and they're really well coached."

Arnovitz: "Basically -- by virtue of the cap spike -- there's really no such thing as a bad deal that was signed in 2014 or 2015."

Bake that cake...

Arnovitz: "Basically -- by virtue of the cap spike -- there's really no such thing as a bad deal that was signed in 2014 or 2015."

Bake that cake...

Except. . .aren't we all freaked out about what is going to happen to our payroll in 2 years? Now imagine an Enes Kanter on a 4 year deal at 18 million. If we were living season to season, I suppose he might be right, but if you actually have a development plan, there were certainly contractual landmines to avoid, which we did. We could probably have gotten even better players if we would have signed them to longer contracts this year. I am fine with what we did. We are the anti-Knicks.

Except. . .aren't we all freaked out about what is going to happen to our payroll in 2 years? Now imagine an Enes Kanter on a 4 year deal at 18 million. If we were living season to season, I suppose he might be right, but if you actually have a development plan, there were certainly contractual landmines to avoid, which we did. We could probably have gotten even better players if we would have signed them to longer contracts this year. I am fine with what we did. We are the anti-Knicks.
It's 2016. 2014 and 2015 were the years to sign players. The contracts signed in those years are going to be EASY to move with the crazy contracts that are going to continue being signed through next offseason.

Bake that cake...
I didn't really need arnovitz to tell me that.

I'm happy with the current team though and we are setup nicely... Cakk bakers take the L on that argument doe.

Btw ... Zaza owned our bigs last year. He's the one not guy that sets more illegal picks than bogut. If they don't call it we still lose by 20. I think a team will need post up dudes to punish them and I don't think we've got it. Was a cool mention on the pod though.

Bake that cake...

Wow, we are over here drinking some kool-aid and all you want to do is piss in the kool-aid. gtfo

Zaza didn't own squat. KD on the other hand took the Jazz to the woodshed on several occasions. The Jazz may have played well against GSW last year but OKC not so much. GSW with KD scares me.

Btw ... Zaza owned our bigs last year. He's the one not guy that sets more illegal picks than bogut. If they don't call it we still lose by 20. I think a team will need post up dudes to punish them and I don't think we've got it. Was a cool mention on the pod though.

Yeah, Zaza sucks and he annoys our bigs, but "owned" is strong and inaccurate. He is tough and hard-nosed, but he isn't as good defensively as Bogut and offers no rim protection. Bogut was actually a pretty good at blocking shots, Zaza can't block a Trey Burke layup.

Zaza didn't own squat. KD on the other hand took the Jazz to the woodshed on several occasions. The Jazz may have played well against GSW last year but OKC not so much. GSW with KD scares me.
Long time no see.. good to see ya.

He is one of the most dirty unsportsman centers in the league.

And remember kids, if you ever use Jazzfanz App, use it safe.

Yeah, Zaza sucks and he annoys our bigs, but "owned" is strong and inaccurate. He is tough and hard-nosed, but he isn't as good defensively as Bogut and offers no rim protection. Bogut was actually a pretty good at blocking shots, Zaza can't block a Trey Burke layup.

Owned is strong but in the one game I recall he did own us... Basically was the reason they won the game. He was okay in the other games... Just saying they made it sound like we should beat him up like a d leaguer and he more than held his own.

Bogut is better and both guys get away with murder... If our bigs ever get that kind of leeway we will win 60 games.

If healthy the GSW team rolls the whole NBA. It sucks. We are equipped to give them some issues but don't get too excited. They will also get every damn ring chaser on minimum deals.

He is one of the most dirty unsportsman centers in the league.

And remember kids, if you ever use Jazzfanz App, use it safe.

He's dirty the same way people say stock and Malone are... No unsportsmanlike IMO... Grabbing moving on picks, pushing in the back are all things I want our guys to do if they can get away with it.

Hayward dropped a game-winner on Zaza