What's new

Lucifer

TroutBum

My Member's Premium
Contributor
I was going to post this in the Netflix Recs thread, but I would really like to know your thoughts on this show.

My two cents:

Besides it being my favorite Alt of all time, It’s a pretty good show. I remember seeing a trailer for it when it first came out and I vividly recall being disgusted by the premis, nay, boarderline pissed. (call it a weird religious reaction, or something) I will say that although it’s very entertaining, it is also very compelling and thought provoking. Yes, it glorifies the Devil to some extent, and I can see how it could easily be construed as “bad” for all sorts of reasons, but I find it enlightening to some degree, which is fun, because I rarely feel that way about anything, let alone tv shows.

Who else has seen it? What are your thoughts? Do you like the idea of Hollywood portraying Lucifer in such a positive way, or does it feel like another “sign of the times” like I admittedly felt when I saw the trailer?

Just curious.

I like it. The plot is a nice twist on the traditional biblical narrative and it's entertaining seeing what they come up with for the characters to "stay in character".

I preferred the original comic it's based on.

As for the show, the lead is amazing, just wonderful. Everybody else except his shrink is boring and bland and generic. I am also sick to death of the "consulting detective" trope.

Does anyone else think that Lucifer looks A LOT like Archie Moses? Maybe you all don’t know him like I do, but slap a British accent on Archibald and it’s scary.

Does anyone else think that Lucifer looks A LOT like Archie Moses? Maybe you all don’t know him like I do, but slap a British accent on Archibald and it’s scary.
pic? (of Lucifer...)

They lost me with his "mom" being imprisoned in hell, and more or less being a demon herself.

Does Archie wear guy liner too? The major issues I have with the show revolve around that, and the delivery of the 'what do you desire' line.