What's new

Mack to the Magic

jazzlurker

Magic Mack
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246818/Shelvin-Mack-Agrees-To-Two-Year-$12M-Deal-With-Magic

There go all of our hopes and dreams.

I thought he and Hayward had unfinished business.

Good for him - but I'm not gonna lie, I'm super stoked that Snyder won't have him as an option to play in front of Exum and Mitchell - Neto will still probably get the minutes, but at least it's one less option.

Good for him. Way more than I'd want the Jazz to pay, of course. But I always feel like he gave it his all here, played to the best of his ability.

Interesting that another Jazz bench player raised his profile to get a solid contract after his tenure with Utah. Trevor Booker made out pretty well too. The more of these we have, the higher profile we have in landing MLE caliber free agents. Hopefully Withey gets a decent contract as well.

Addition by subtraction, and holy poop, barely making less than actual players i.e. Crowder. The NBA will continue its insanity until the actual money behind the TV deal disappears, which it will. But for now, someone like Shelvin Mack can make 16,400 every day, all year. ABSURD

Good for him and wish him well. He played hard for the Jazz and you cannot blame him for Snyder's favoritism.

From r/UtahJazz on reddit:

op9FAt0.png

:D