What's new

Game Thread Mar 06, 2022 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Thunder

Added to Calendar: 03-06-22

Is 18 three-point attempts in a game the most in Jazz history?

The only thing that would have made Bojan’s three point game better is if it were against Denver. Those @JazzAvenues quotes would be lit.

- The OKC defense was to basically gang tackle whoever was driving and then try and recover out to the 3pt shooters. We're definitely not the 3pt shooting team we were last season, but it was still probably a bad strategy. Yet, you still had Clarkson forcing things over 5 defenders. The two 3's Clarkson made at the end of the shot clock were pretty outstanding though.
- It's amazing for how long some of our guys have been together to have as many miscommunication breakdowns, especially on defense.
- We looked tired in the second half, I don't expect much tonight in Dallas.

Bojan had great game ,finally without bandage but man JC took 21 shots which is unacceptable if u asking me

when OKC clamped down on dm and bogey in the 4th it was JC who made shots he was 5/8 , 12 points. dm only had 2 points and bogey 5. unacceptable if you only watched the first half but watch the 4th again those were crucial points.

when OKC clamped down on dm and bogey in the 4th it was JC who made shots he was 5/8 , 12 points. dm only had 2 points and bogey 5. unacceptable if you only watched the first half but watch the 4th again those were crucial points.
He was good in 4th but man he got usage like steph and he is bench player

- The OKC defense was to basically gang tackle whoever was driving and then try and recover out to the 3pt shooters. We're definitely not the 3pt shooting team we were last season, but it was still probably a bad strategy. Yet, you still had Clarkson forcing things over 5 defenders. The two 3's Clarkson made at the end of the shot clock were pretty outstanding though.
- It's amazing for how long some of our guys have been together to have as many miscommunication breakdowns, especially on defense.
- We looked tired in the second half, I don't expect much tonight in Dallas.

Conley wont be tired at least

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Travesty

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Like... What were we thinking? Or were we?

Even if Herb never develops a dependable offensive game, the dude is 6 foot 7, a great athlete, and a lockdown defender. What's been this team's greatest weakness over the last 5 years?!

Throw him out there to defend, rebound, and dunk. Anything else is frosting on the cake.

I hope Butler develops. But even if he does, was it worth bypassing a great athlete/prospect like Herb Jones? We already have 5+ guards that can shoot and score. Who other than Royce and Gobert want to defend, rebound, and provide energy? This front office has been its own worst enemy the last 3 years. My goodness...

I'm really frustrated right now. This team really could be competing for a title if their damn front office just got out of their own way.

BTW, I don't know if it's a winning formula, but that Pelicans defense seems prototypical of what the NBA is moving to. All their guys are long, can run, and can jump. Their greatest weakness is center. But that's also the easiest position to find. Those guys figure that position out, look out. They'll make a jump like the Grizz have over the last two years.

It was. Hornacek never won it because it didn't even exist when he played.
It was called the NBA All Star Two Ball contest involving a two person team (NBA and WNBA) from the same City in a passing/rebounding/shooting competition against other teams. When you consider that it replaced the Dunk contest for a few years and that there were really no other events besides the game itself, for one man to win both competitions in the same year was an amazing achievement that to my knowledge has never been equaled.

Last edited:
Why hasn't bogey been in the 3 pt contest at all star weekend. I think he'd have a good shot.