What's new

Game Thread Mar 07, 2022 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Mavericks

Added to Calendar: 03-07-22

Before the game Luka is gonna be sitting in the toilet stall deep in thought and dejected because he knows Rudy is gonna shut him down again.

I'm not expecting a great showing tonight after such a long road trip. Maybe a potential first round matchup gives us a little more motivation. I'd love to send them a message and not give them any confidence, and also maintain our lead in the standings. Hopefully they exceed my expectations.

Game tonight is huge. Win this one and the other big swing game is the GS one in April. Win both of those and I think you can slip into the 3 seed.... obviously have to win the games you should win or like 90% of them but I think those are the two biggest swing games on the schedule.

Leave him out for 5 games. Let that stupid ****ing calf heal. It's going to be a Conley situation if we're not careful.
It pains me to say this, but you're right. Doka and Whiteside can make up for Rudy for a few games.

The issue that I'm worried about is Conley and Rudy Gay. Both haven't looked good for a long time.

As great as it would be to move up in the standings to 2nd or 3rd, by far the most important thing is going into the playoffs completely healthy.
Maybe we galaxy brain ourselves into a favorable playoff bracket by sitting Rudy and relieving all stress of going for 2/3… end up dropping to 6 and avoid a second round matchup with Phoenix.

Maybe we galaxy brain ourselves into a favorable playoff bracket by sitting Rudy and relieving all stress of going for 2/3… end up dropping to 6 and avoid a second round matchup with Phoenix.
If there is one thing I know about Mike Malone, it's that the man will shamelessly throw games to ensure Denver stays in a favorable playoff position. We won't be able to outtank him.

The only problem with dropping to 6th is that if we face Memphis or a healthy Golden State, we might not make it out of the first round.

If there is one thing I know about Mike Malone, it's that the man will shamelessly throw games to ensure Denver stays in a favorable playoff position. We won't be able to outtank him.

The only problem with dropping to 6th is that if we face Memphis or a healthy Golden State, we might not make it out of the first round.
Look I am focused on creating situations where we can't lose... at least in my brain. Its a coping mechanism. If we lose tonight I need to tell myself it can still be a win.

I haven’t gone to a game since our game 1 loss to Memphis. Before that it had been since we lost to the Lakers right before COVID and LeBron was cheering on the floor from the bench while live action was happening. We lost that one.

But today I bought tickets for the whole fam (all 7 of us) second row of upper bowl for only $150 to see the OKC game next month.

It’s a done deal. If we play either of those teams I don’t see us escaping the first round. Memphis has surpassed us and golden state is just trying to figure out what Klay’s role is going to be going forward.