What's new

Game Thread Mar 16, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Bulls

Added to Calendar: 03-16-22

This was a good one. Liked that Coach is more willing to experiment with guys that have tools we will need coming playoff time.
Is Quin relaxing the cult? :oops:
:cool:

I didn't see any experimenting, to be honest. The only reason he played NAW and Juancho is because Bogey, House and Forrest are hurt. Once everyone is healthy he'll go back to his normal rotation.

Yep. One of the reasons I was always criticizing him for all the threes. Makes the defender not have to work as much like they do when he dribbles and drives.
He’s been so unpopular around here for so long I didn’t want to say anything. But as good as he is in creating his own shot, shouldn’t he get the opportunity to go iso in those clutch game situations when Mitchell is copping deuces?

Last edited:
dm was amazing in the 3Rd but he was better in the 4th. he found our guys and didn't resort to iso also found Rudy . jc just ate all the defenders thrown at him. mike got his shot back.NAW need more minutes, we need his defense. Juancho I thought moved well that cut early on looks like instinct but can't shoot yet? Gay may need to sit, maybe give all the minutes to others.

He’s been so unpopular around here for so long I didn’t want to say anything. But as good as he is in creating his own shot, shouldn’t he get the opportunity to go iso in those clutch game situations when Mitchell is copping deuces?
I voiced the exact same thing a few gamethreads ago. Probably not a popular opinion, but I think it'd be a hell of a lot more effective than what we currently do in clutch game situations.

I voiced the exact same thing a few gamethreads ago. Probably not a popular opinion, but I think it'd be a hell of a lot more effective than what we currently do in clutch game situations.
Exactly! Reigning Sixth Man of the Year, he obviously has a lot in that offensive bag of tricks! I mean why couldn’t he be the Joe Johnson to Mitchell’s Gordon Hayward? I get the impression maybe that’s the idea behind Clarkson finishing close games but Mitchell just won’t share the damn rock. That and I feel like Clarkson is not one to break rank.

Exactly! Reigning Sixth Man of the Year, he obviously has a lot in that offensive bag of tricks! I mean why couldn’t he be the Joe Johnson to Mitchell’s Gordon Hayward? I get the impression maybe that’s the idea behind Clarkson finishing close games but Mitchell just won’t share the damn rock. That and I feel like Clarkson is not one to break rank.
Just a friendly reminder that our clutch offense has been fine, but our clutch defense is horrendous. I'm not sure how Clarkson would help there.

I think he's cool with being a sidekick. he's been coming from the bench all his life ,taken out while hot in the 4th and we never hear any complaints about touches or anything. hell take over when told to like last that 45pt vs sac.
Just a friendly reminder that our clutch offense has been fine, but our clutch defense is horrendous. I'm not sure how Clarkson would help there.
we NAW have NAW

I was happy with what NAW brought at the end of the game. If we had him and House on the floor together, provided NAW can consistently be a perimeter defender like that, it might fix our perimeter defense issues to a point. Hope we can see some more of that.

One data point does not a trend make...but it is promising.

Mitchell's 3rd quarter was incredible. Sometimes, it's good to remove yourself from big picture thinking and just enjoy the games. Maybe the most memorable performance of the year.

I guess it's just a matter of perspective but I recall a lot of offensive miscues from Mitchell in the closing minutes of close games. In the Milwaukee game, Mitchell got swatted on a drive to the rim and on a subsequent possession lost the ball on a cross-over attempt.

This is mainly in response to a stat that somebody posted listing Mitchell at the back of the pack in offensive efficiency in the closing minutes of close games.

I think he's cool with being a sidekick. he's been coming from the bench all his life ,taken out while hot in the 4th and we never hear any complaints about touches or anything. hell take over when told to like last that 45pt vs sac.

we NAW have NAW
The interesting thing is that even Coach Sam Mitchell said on NBA TV that he thinks the Jazz have a shot if Mitchell can continue to facilitate the way he did last night. Odd comment as he was tied with Luka for high score honors last night and only finished with five dimes, but indicates to me that others have noticed his reluctance to pass the ball at times.

I was happy with what NAW brought at the end of the game. If we had him and House on the floor together, provided NAW can consistently be a perimeter defender like that, it might fix our perimeter defense issues to a point. Hope we can see some more of that.

One data point does not a trend make...but it is promising.
I wasn't super impressed with the defense, but he was able to stay in front better than others on the wing. Guys went up and through him fairly easy. It was averageish imo... but averageish would be an improvement over what we have gotten in the past.