What's new

Game Thread Mar 16, 2024 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Wolves

Added to Calendar: 03-16-24

It may not be about just one player but it’s kinda targeted or at least parts of it seem targeted. Key got subbed out with 4 minutes left and had a death stare going. May have been part of the plan and he may have just been tired and had basketball version of RBF.

It may not be about just one player but it’s kinda targeted or at least parts of it seem targeted. Key got subbed out with 4 minutes left and had a death stare going. May have been part of the plan and he may have just been tired and had basketball version of RBF.
You can listen to the full thing here.

Hardy also commented on the final sub. Keyonte did not run an ATO play a minute earlier, just stood in the corner, pointing to Hardy, then turning the ball over and slouching with the worst possible body language. (The play is the on starting with 5:02 left)

If you read Larsen's triple team he shows examples of others. It's completely a team thing imo.

Just remember that Naz was an undrafted free agent on DLs watch.
This is a big pet peeve of mine. There were 28 other teams that also didn’t sign him. You can’t fault any one GM for not signing an undrafted free agent. It’s an even bigger crapshoot than the draft and the prospect in question gets to pick where he goes.

Key wasn’t the only one guilty of this but he most certainly was the ring leader. Dude was doing his best JC impersonation. Was getting blocked like crazy. He lost himself last night. He missed a few easy assist opportunities for sure.

If you read Larsen's triple team he shows examples of others. It's completely a team thing imo.
Key was definitely the ring leader though. He completely lost sight of the team concept

But the comments weren't Andy's, they were Hardy's. And he was quite compimentary about Sexton right after that monologue. And they certainly weren't about Kessler, Yurtseven, Preston, Juzang, Potter or Dunn.

I think the fan base should embrace those comments, not try to explain them away. Unless of course you want the wonderboy to develop into a zero-pass chucker who doesn't play any D.

But the comments weren't Andy's, they were Hardy's. And he was quite compimentary about Sexton right after that monologue. And they certainly weren't about Kessler, Yurtseven, Preston, Juzang, Potter or Dunn.

I think the fan base should embrace those comments, not try to explain them away. Unless of course you want the wonderboy to develop into a zero-pass chucker who doesn't play any D.
I don’t think it’s exclusively Key. Dunn can over dribble. Taylor has absolute tunnel vision. But when you talk about stats and insta it’s the younger guys catching that heat.

It was a team thing. Keyonte is part of that team. Kt trying to explain anything away.

It was a team thing. Keyonte is part of that team. Kt trying to explain anything away.
You really think Hardy talking about how many points you score and Insta posts is directed at the whole team...

The whole team hasn't played any sort of team offense since the deadline (as was the FO directive for individual development), but this time the only one the finger was pointing at was the guy with the ball in his hands.

If Hardy is serious, the offenders get to ride pine the next game. Lauri and Clarkson should be back so there should be eough manpower. There is also the mysterious Kira Lewis who is turning into ashes on the bench. I doubt Hardy will sit wonder boy down.

I’m glad Hardy is tough on this and doesn’t let his players get away with forced iso when a pass to an open 3 shooter is available. It appears he meant his criticism towards all his players, but it stemmed from Sexton’s and Key’s dumb iso plays when a pass to a 3-point shot was available. Although the gap has narrowed a bit, a 3-point shot attempt still gives more team points on average than a 2-point shot attempt (except a rim shot / uncontested layup or dunk of course). Just watch the best teams and you will see how they all use this simple math as much as they can. Boston is the best example of this. They play intelligent basketball where the main idea is to move the ball (or drive and kick) until a wide open 3-point shot (or a rim shot) becomes available. Last night Sexton and Keyonte looked like they never heard of this. And not only that, together they had more turnovers than the whole Timberwolves team had in this game.

You really think Hardy talking about how many points you score and Insta posts is directed at the whole team...

The whole team hasn't played any sort of team offense since the deadline (as was the FO directive for individual development), but this time the only one the finger was pointing at was the guy with the ball in his hands.
Keyonte barely post on IG at all, so if you think that comment was actually pointed, then it's not about Keyonte.

I doubt Hardy knows anything about anyone's IG activity. It was probably just something that came to his mind.

We're tanking and Will has to keep the team together. At this point in the season for a tanking team players are going to go out and get theirs.

I saw a hand full of possession where Keyonte tried to bring the ball up the court but Sexton denied him. Good veteran-ish move to say hey youngster your getting too emotional (pouting) and your getting tunnel vision.