What's new

Game Thread Mar 29, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers

Added to Calendar: 03-29-22

Because shockingly, he's the only shooter on our entire team. He's the only guy on our roster who will just stand there waiting for the ball and hits the shot without hesitation.

Sure we have guys who can shoot, but they don't do it in the way that opens up the space necessary to do Rudy stuff or let Don get to the rim.

Our Front Office is terrible. What a wasted era.
Are you mad? Conley not a shooter who opens up space?

Jazz got ZERO issue with not having enough shooters or space. Their issue is ball movement to take advantage of space and manipulate defenders is not there. It's all dribble drive stuff from the 3 main ball-handlers. The bigger issue is the loss of Ingles as a ball-handler and playmaker.

Are you mad? Conley not a shooter who opens up space?

Jazz got ZERO issue with not having enough shooters or space. Their issue is ball movement to take advantage of space and manipulate defenders is not there. It's all dribble drive stuff from the 3 main ball-handlers. The bigger issue is the loss of Ingles as a ball-handler and playmaker.
He didn’t watch the game… he said so.

If you had watched you’d know where it went wrong. We are up double digits and with 8 minutes to go we go into the hero ball offense like it’s 1-2 minutes left. Clips still run their normal stuff and get good shots… and you could feel the waive of momentum coming so hard and then panic ensues.

Oh I don't know. I didn't watch the game. I just threw rebounding out there as an example.
Then you shouldn't have commented - because there were MANY instances where Gobert contested a player's shot only for the Clippers to score off a tip-in because nobody else on the Jazz bothered to get between their man and the basket.

Then you shouldn't have commented - because there were MANY instances where Gobert contested a player's shot only for the Clippers to score off a tip-in because nobody else on the Jazz bothered to get between their man and the basket.
I agree with this. Hartenstein also got Rudy on his floater a couple times because Rudy was likely a little out of position.

The team is just too flawed and too mentally broken to be anything more than a team that wins 50 games and gets out of the first round every other year.

I agree with this. Hartenstein also got Rudy on his floater a couple times because Rudy was likely a little out of position.

The team is just too flawed and too mentally broken to be anything more than a team that wins 50 games and gets out of the first round every other year.
Yeah, Rudy was way too passive on those floaters. You can do that in the 2nd quarter, but in the 4th you got to be in people's faces.

Yeah, Rudy was way too passive on those floaters. You can do that in the 2nd quarter, but in the 4th you got to be in people's faces.
And I kind of don’t blame him because it’s this vicious trust cycle problem. Rudy came in hard and contested a few shots that miss and no one bothers to help him out so he feels like he has to be in position to contest and to rebound.

I really felt Juan needed to be out there for JC. Donovan gonna shoot and handle anyway… why bother with having JC out there.

And I kind of don’t blame him because it’s this vicious trust cycle problem. Rudy came in hard and contested a few shots that miss and no one bothers to help him out so he feels like he has to be in position to contest and to rebound.

I really felt Juan needed to be out there for JC. Donovan gonna shoot and handle anyway… why bother with having JC out there.
Juancho should have definitely closed the game. We needed some extra rebounding and hustle.

But the system called for extra heros so hero ball would not stall out. It is what the system demanded, no way QS could go against that. Whatchagonnado?

The lack of defense and rebounding is ridiculous. That has been the root of the problem all year. No accountability on defense. All about offense. Sometimes hero ball is necessary when 2 of the 5 players on the floor have no offensive game. In most situations down the stretch it is difficult to get into any offensive sets. Especially against teams with athletic wings that can switch. Having Bogey out doesn't help.

Still not the point of my posts regarding Rudy. I didn't critique how he played at all. I critiqued Donovan actually.

I have a problem with Rudy's comments after the game. Again. His quotes are all about how the team got away from this etc and he never owns any role he might have played in yet another collapse.

So yeah, read up.

@MT Steve

Just remember, I didn't say this. Somebody else did. I didn't watch the game.

But I would gain respect for Rudy if he came out and admitted he didn't close out on defense well enough in the 4th. But he doesn't do that type of thing. He likes to concentrate on how much he didn't get the ball.

Still not the point of my posts regarding Rudy. I didn't critique how he played at all. I critiqued Donovan actually.

I have a problem with Rudy's comments after the game. Again. His quotes are all about how the team got away from this etc and he never owns any role he might have played in yet another collapse.

So yeah, read up.
Gobert post game: "There’s a lot of things to look at, I missed five free throws." "It’s part of the game, but you don’t win without getting — you can be as good as you want, but it’s mental. And it starts with me. Like, when guys are going at me and they score, it affects the whole team. And when I give up an offensive rebound or something like that."

So yeah, read up.

Gobert post game: "There’s a lot of things to look at, I missed five free throws." "It’s part of the game, but you don’t win without getting — you can be as good as you want, but it’s mental. And it starts with me. Like, when guys are going at me and they score, it affects the whole team. And when I give up an offensive rebound or something like that."

So yeah, read up.
Link and I'll own it

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I own it. Good article. Rudy made some fair comments there. I made the mistake of just going off the tweets that had been shared on here. Good on Rudy for taking some responsibility. His assessment for last night was a fair one.

I loved Hacksaw. WWF was the **** back in the day.
It was great. My fav was koko B ware (dont know how to spell). Also loved superfly jimmy snuka (who didn't love him though). Legion of doom was my favorite tag team. I was one of the few who thought the bushwackers were lame (most people seemed to love them)
I could go on and on about wrestling in that era.
I was a kid though so it made sense that I loved it. It is so weird to me that adults like that crap. It will be on the tv in the break room at work occasionally and i watch and think its the stupidest crap ever. Again, for kids I can see how it would still be entertaining but for adults? I dont get it.

That is a great article. And sad. And depressing. And absolutely correct. I seriously doubt the team can turn this around in a mere 7 games. I mean, stranger things have happened, but the recent trends are not good. Realistically Mitchell needs to sit for the remaining games to heal. We need to get what we can out of our 2nd and 3rd team guys in the meantime, who actually did quite well a while back and would have the best chance now to do something since some of these teams are going to be resting key people. But if Mitchell plays on an injured ankle it will not bode well for the playoffs.

JC was -25 last night and played the final 18 minutes of the game. This is the biggest difference between Quin and Ty Lue...Lue is willing to bench guys when they're playing poorly and give someone else a shot whereas Quin sticks with his guys no matter what. Remember what a huge deal it was when House closed that Suns game instead of Royce? Something like that shouldn't be so abnormal. It doesn't do us any good to have so9 much depth in our deep bench if the coach refuses to use it.

JC was -25 last night and played the final 18 minutes of the game. This is the biggest difference between Quin and Ty Lue...Lue is willing to bench guys when they're playing poorly and give someone else a shot whereas Quin sticks with his guys no matter what. Remember what a huge deal it was when House closed that Suns game instead of Royce? Something like that shouldn't be so abnormal. It doesn't do us any good to have so9 much depth in our deep bench if the coach refuses to use it.
And for this reason Quin should move on. It has been demonstrated time and time again. See the Nuggets in their historic comeback playoff win against us when we were up 3 - 0. How about the Clippers doing the same thing. Clearly this game was a microcosm of Quin's stubborn, inability to adjust. He said he makes adjustments but we all see the same players on the court at the same times. It's pathetic to watch this display.