What's new

Marc Gasol

Kyoto

If the Raptors are a mediocre east team next year before the trade deadline, they have 3 expiring contracts they would probably try to get rid of. The 3 contracts that expire at the end of next year are Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka, and Kyle Lowry. I could totally see the Jazz throwing assets at the Raptors to acquire Gasol if he was on the trading block.

He makes $25M next year, I'm not a cap analyst by any means, but if the Jazz are up in the standings and the Raptors want to move him, I could see the Jazz throwing stuff at them (exum and x other things) to push them to the finals.

Gobert
Gasol
Bogdonavich
Mitchell
Conley

That would be the best lineup in the league hands down.

Obviously Conley and Gasol would probably want to play together again too. I could totally see this as being a reality. Obviously I haven't done the math, but what would it take to get this done?

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

Ibaka makes more sense. But he’s at 23M so unless we’re gonna trade Ingles AND Exum, it doesn’t make much sense.

FWIW, Xanax was/is Ibaka’s agent.

Ibaka makes more sense. But he’s at 23M so unless we’re gonna trade Ingles AND Exum, it doesn’t make much sense.

FWIW, Xanax was/is Ibaka’s agent.
It’s possible with a series of trades taking back more salary than sending out and continually throwing players at the highest vet minimum into deals. Or it was possible.

I THINK Ibaka would be a good fit here, but I’d rather go after Gallinari in such a pipe dream. But Ingles is probably better than all of those players and is certainly more important to this team than they would be.