What's new

March 4, Classic Revenge Game -- Knicks Will Be Jazz Killers

I’m shocked I haven’t heard this on any of the NY radio here but I couldn’t help but think that Rose just took over two days ago (three?) in his executive position and that perhaps he directed this. The timing would be hugely coincidental if not.
No way... this is 100% a Dolan thing. He's paranoid and sensitive... and a complete control freak with some of the arena stuff.

Funny thing is if it was just about Spike using a different entrance you have security talk to him when he's in the elevator... totally reasonable request and delivered the right way. Then if Spike bitches about it he looks like the complaining princess.

But nah... he's already in and they want him to leave... walk around and go through a different entrance which is a ridiculous inconvenience. There is just no reason to make a stink about it... they had some minor positive momentum with Rose coming in and saying "no press conference" and taking a reasonable and measured approach. They win a great game... and the story is all about ****ing arena entrances.

Jim probably has 12 yes men that are all telling him he's right and way to take a stand. You are so tough and your band is so good.

... if it was just about Spike using a different entrance you have security talk to him when he's in the elevator... totally reasonable request and delivered the right way.

But nah... he's already in and they want him to leave... walk around and go through a different entrance which is ridiculous.
Perfectly said.

Dolan likes to wield power. On March 21st we are having a ceremony for the 50th Anniversary of our '69-'70 Championship. (You Jazz fans don't know what that means, so I'll tell you. A championship is when your team wins a championship.) All are coming except the voice of that team - Marv Albert. It's astonishing. Dolan had some beef with him decades ago and Marv will not be doing the hosting of the ceremony. Marv is as much a part of that team as the players, but, nope, we will have no Marv that night because of our unstable owner.

Every kid to this day in New York still says, "Yes, and it counts!" when he hits a shot on the court. That's because of Marv and he won't be there. It's insane what goes on with our team. The announcer isn't allowed to be honored. My God.

If the Jazz win will you go away?
Listen. We play you Jazz just twice a year and this is the second time this year, so, duh, win or lose tonight, of course I will be going away.

Only way I could possibly be back here this year is if we meet the Jazz in the Finals. Every NBA fan realizes the Knicks have a legitimate shot at getting there but I've seen the Jazz play, be honest: you really think the Jazz can make it to the Finals to meet us? Man, get a reality check. We could possibly be there in the Finals this year but we sure as hell ain't going to be playing the Jazz.

I'd say Finals is Knicks v Rockets...and they sure as hell don't want to play us. They'd rather meet Giannis and the Bucks than Mitch Robinson and the Knicks.

I'm not super optimistic about tonight.

No way... this is 100% a Dolan thing. He's paranoid and sensitive... and a complete control freak with some of the arena stuff.

Funny thing is if it was just about Spike using a different entrance you have security talk to him when he's in the elevator... totally reasonable request and delivered the right way. Then if Spike bitches about it he looks like the complaining princess.

But nah... he's already in and they want him to leave... walk around and go through a different entrance which is a ridiculous inconvenience. There is just no reason to make a stink about it... they had some minor positive momentum with Rose coming in and saying "no press conference" and taking a reasonable and measured approach. They win a great game... and the story is all about ****ing arena entrances.

Jim probably has 12 yes men that are all telling him he's right and way to take a stand. You are so tough and your band is so good.
I’m surprised Spike pays for his tickets. The Knicks are known for two things: Spike Lee and losing. Considering he’s the only thing that franchise has going for it, they should comp him at the very least.

Harp: start that blender by beating off their individual man

Heh

Heh, Bogey took no time in making fun of Knicks with all these 3pointers. It's over.