What's new

March Madness Thread

Yeah but Thornwell and Dozier are so much more talented on the perimeter than anything WV has, much tougher covers. You put anyone small on Thornwell and he just overpowers them and he when they play anyone bigger he just blows by. They also play Dozier at point and it creates a lot of mismatches since he is so big.

Only weakness for Carolina is they arent a great 3pt shooting team, but they defend better than anyone left in the tourney and they have the best player left IMO.

I hope you're wrong. I'd do just about anything for a Zags/Oregon championship game.

All of Zag's guards are light in the tail. I really think Thornwell is going to dominate and drop 30+ this game. I dont see anyone on that team who can stop him. Further, if they put Thornwell on Goss, that could be a shutdown. Thornwell has been Darrell Revis so far this tourney, he already put the clamps down on the more talented Kennard.

All of Zag's guards are light in the tail. I really think Thornwell is going to dominate and drop 30+ this game. I dont see anyone on that team who can stop him.

You think Oregon can beat NC? That's the huge payday I need. I just feel like NC is on a mission after how they lost last year.

You think Oregon can beat NC? That's the huge payday I need. I just feel like NC is on a mission after how they lost last year.

I have no idea how Oregon has gotten this far. They are one of those teams whenever I bothered to watch them in the regular season they were awful. No idea how they made it this far.

I have no idea how Oregon has gotten this far. They are one of those teams whenever I bothered to watch them in the regular season they were awful. No idea how they made it this far.

Hmmm...when I watch them I see good team basketball being played and guys who look like actual basketball players (good dribbling, shooting form, etc.), hustle and love the game...that said, their guards don't appear overly quick and therefore great at penetrating. I worry UNC, who is long, could give them some fits, in that regard. I also worry that if their 3 doesn't fall, they could really struggle. My one sort of hope though is that I was not really remotely impressed by NC tonight and hope that with good team ball, Oregon can frustrate them.

We shall see.

My gut tells me NC wins something like 75-65.

Hmmm...when I watch them I see good team basketball being played and guys who look like actual basketball players (good dribbling, shooting form, etc.), hustle and love the game...that said, their guards don't appear overly quick and therefore great at penetrating. I worry UNC, who is long, could give them some fits, in that regard. I also worry that if their 3 doesn't fall, they could really struggle. My one sort of hope though is that I was not really remotely impressed by NC tonight and hope that with good team ball, Oregon can frustrate them.

We shall see.

My gut tells me NC wins something like 75-65.

I hope you're wrong. I'd do just about anything for a Zags/Oregon championship game.

If that happens I think I'll win the Jazzfanz bracket challenge and also the one going at my work.

I'm guessing you got nothing on South Carolina? With no dog in this fight I will always root for the underdog...

Correct. Nothing on them or NC.

It's funny. I knew I had done Oregon but forgot I had put more on them at 22:1 (because their 4 got hurt) right before the tourney. That second bet on them was 200/4400. Was drunk and said **** it when I did it I think, hoping they embraced what Louisville did about five years ago.

I'm rooting for Oregon vs UNC and don't really care who wins between the Zags and SC...I root for the underdogs in these scenarios but would love to see the Zags win it all. South Carolina is a helluva story though.

Zags the prohibitive favorite to cut down the nets IMO, they probably win in convincing fashion.

They have wayyy too much depth upfront for SC to handle.

To show how seriously NC players take their academics. Luke Maye attended his 8AM class this morning. KY players were most likely test driving BMers.

I win $1,400 if Zags win it all.

$5,300 if Oregon does.

Who should I be rooting for in NC/Kentucky game? Who does Oregon have a better chance of beating? I'd say UK because they're so young...thoughts?

So I'm risking 275 to win the 5,300 on Oregon. I hedged by risking 850 to win 425 on NC ML today.

Also, kind of hilarious. Some dude put down an 18,000 dollar bet on the money line for the UConn/Mississippi State women's game. The thing is he bet on UConn and the payout would have only been $300. That has to be the worst feeling in the world.

Also, kind of hilarious. Some dude put down an 18,000 dollar bet on the money line for the UConn/Mississippi State women's game. The thing is he bet on UConn and the payout would have only been $300. That has to be the worst feeling in the world.

Too bad he didn't do 300 on MSU ML.