What's new

March of the HYDRA!!

Best case scenario? 13-0
Optimistic scenario? 11-2
Realistic Scenario? 10-3
Pessimistic Scenario? 9-4

Even in the pessimistic scenario we're fine.

Only 5 of those games are at home so I think we will win 9 but hope to be pleasantly surprised like in February.

I'm actually enjoying seeing other teams adapt to our sets. It is forcing us to get better to win. I was worried that if all we had was 20 point blowouts we wouldn't be ready to succeed when the playoffs come.

Getting to 2-0 before the ASB would be huge. Then that awkward road trip where they send us to Oakland before going all the way to the other coast for an East road trip. Teams aren’t bad but the schedule is pretty ****** for that stretch. A B2B with the Wizards and Raptors, but the Raptors are playing in Florida. We’ll see if one or two of those teams can catch us on a bad night.

Assuming we come away relatively unscathed that Brooklyn matchup coming back home will be awesome.

Then you play Memphis, who always gives us fits, 3 times in five days. So there is sure to be some ****ery there.

Assuming we keep being the team we’ve been. There is no reason to think we won’t still have a commanding lead of the 1 seed by the end of March. Go Jazz

Wow the floor of this team based on yalls predictions is 8-5 for 62% win%?

we are really good.
Yeah and that's if we just completely crap the bed.

Getting to 2-0 before the ASB would be huge. Then that awkward road trip where they send us to Oakland before going all the way to the other coast for an East road trip. Teams aren’t bad but the schedule is pretty ****** for that stretch. A B2B with the Wizards and Raptors, but the Raptors are playing in Florida. We’ll see if one or two of those teams can catch us on a bad night.

Assuming we come away relatively unscathed that Brooklyn matchup coming back home will be awesome.

Then you play Memphis, who always gives us fits, 3 times in five days. So there is sure to be some ****ery there.

Assuming we keep being the team we’ve been. There is no reason to think we won’t still have a commanding lead of the 1 seed by the end of March. Go Jazz

I think we will still have a 2.5 to 3 game lead heading into April.

Updated the OP with win/loss.

Phoenix in second place. I'm OK with that for now. Still think that the Lakers overtake them in the end after Davis returns. I think that the Clippers outrun them too.

What if I were to tell you back than our only win so far was an unconvincing one over the Houston G-leaguers.

I'm nervous.

We've had some low energy efforts and some bad shooting nights. I hope the team see this and gets their **** together. I'm not going to make a prediction.
Not any less nervous...

Not any less nervous...
Yeah, this team lacks any sort of mental or physical toughness. That's dating back to last season. To come out and let Houston scrubs stick around then come out with little to no sense of urgency yesterday is extremely concerning.

I imagined this team coming out and playing with a chip on their shoulder after Philly and the refs but now it just feels like a tempur tantrum.

Yeah, this team lacks any sort of mental or physical toughness. That's dating back to last season. To come out and let Houston scrubs stick around then come out with little to no sense of urgency yesterday is extremely concerning.

I imagined this team coming out and playing with a chip on their shoulder after Philly and the refs but now it just feels like a tempur tantrum.
Well, that's not what I'm saying really. I think this is still the best team in the NBA. I was just nervous as people were like "10-3 is the absolute worst case scenario" and I was looking at it like teams can go cold. I was worried the team might go cold, and as of right now I'd say they are a bit cold. But just as fast they could be on their next 10 game winning streak and locking up playoff position.

So, a comparison.

The 96-97 Jazz team had the best record we have recorded as a team for a season, at 64-18, which is a 78.0% win percentage. For our current team that would translate into 56 wins. That is the target. The 96-97 team had a record of 55-17 through 72 games.

So, some milestones.

Here are the records for the 96-97 team through each set of 10 games for the season, compared to our run this year:

Through 10 games
Then = 8-2
Now = 6-4

20 games
Then = 17-3
Now = 15-5

30 games
Then = 22-8
Now = 24-6

40 games
Then = 27-13
Now = 29-10 with one game to go (ended 29-11 through 40 games)

So we will have a better record than our first finals team through 40 games no matter what happens in the next game. But we are on a lower overall winning percentage as a season through 40 games, at 75% vs 78% on the season for the 96-97 team.

Here is how the 97-97 team stacked up through the next sets.

50 = 36-14 (34-11 currently, next 5 all winnable - possible to be 39-11 at the 50 game mark)
60 = 44-16
70 = 53-17
72 = 55-17

As stated, we are winning at a 75% rate right now, provided we win this next game, otherwise we are marginally below that, but at that rate here is where we would end up.

50 = 37-13
60 = 45-15
70 = 52-18
72 = 54-18

So at our current win rate we are on track to be one game behind the 96-97 team on the season, through 72 games of course. This would translate to 62 wins in an 82 game season.

Fun fact, the 96-97 team recorded TWO 15-game winning streaks on that season, one at the beginning and one near the end, winning 19 of their last 20 games. Just flat out dominant. Of course for the 20 games after game 20 they lost 11 of 20 in a really rough stretch. So dips happen to the best of them.

I really hope the hydra wakes the **** up and gets us to 60 games this season, be far and away the best Jazz team ever (regular season that is). That would be 68 wins in a normal 82 game season. I really think they can do it if they can find their mojo.

It might take another move at the trade deadline to get us much beyond the 2nd round of the playoffs, but the regular season Jazz crown is in sight!

Last edited:
In march, we have a problem with one of our lineups. Our best lineups have a slow pace.
2021-03-19 01_46_43-.jpg

Last edited:
Updated OP with 2 games remaining.