What's new

Marcus Smart with the 5th pick

Let's see... We need offensive, we need outside shooting 3 point shooting... Hmm, let's draft a guard that can't shoot.

NO WAY we go with Smart at #5.

If smart can play point and the jazz dont believe in trey then fine. (I dont think he can play point, and i dont think the jazz should give up on trey doe)

No way in hell should burks be relegated to the bench again playing behind another player that didnt have to earn the starting job

Marcus Smart
Chad Ford's Top 100: No. 8
Strengths: Usage, FTA%, Rebound%, Steal%, Block% | Weaknesses: PF%
WARP projection: 3.7 (1st among Top 100)
Comparables: James Harden (88.6), Tyreke Evans (88.4), Chris Paul (86.9), John Wall (86.6)

First in the nation in ASPM, which measures and estimates a players plus-minus from box score stats. Projected WARP (Wins above replacement projected) is 3.7 and that leads everybody in the draft.

smart ain't beating trey to be our PG. and trey is our PG whether you agree or not.

but smart can be our 2. he becomes our joe dumars.

i don't mind smart, but i would rather have gordon.

If smart can play point and the jazz dont believe in trey then fine. (I dont think he can play point, and i dont think the jazz should give up on trey doe)

No way in hell should burks be relegated to the bench again playing behind another player that didnt have to earn the starting job

Burks would start. Smart could come in for Trey or Burks.

I don't think we should give up on Trey either, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to pass on Smart if the FO thinks he's BPA. Teams are seeing success with two PG's on the floor at the same time. I'm not convinced a Burke/Burks/Smart back court wouldn't work (you can move Hayward to the 3).

The main thing I would be worried about would be 3 point shooting. Hopefully Kanter's 3 ball is legit.

Marcus Smart
Chad Ford's Top 100: No. 8
Strengths: Usage, FTA%, Rebound%, Steal%, Block% | Weaknesses: PF%
WARP projection: 3.7 (1st among Top 100)
Comparables: James Harden (88.6), Tyreke Evans (88.4), Chris Paul (86.9), John Wall (86.6)

First in the nation in ASPM, which measures and estimates a players plus-minus from box score stats. Projected WARP (Wins above replacement projected) is 3.7 and that leads everybody in the draft.

Great stuff.

I don't think we should give up on Trey either, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to pass on Smart if the FO thinks he's BPA. Teams are seeing success with two PG's on the floor at the same time. I'm not convinced a Burke/Burks/Smart back court wouldn't work (you can move Hayward to the 3).

The main thing I would be worried about would be 3 point shooting. Hopefully Kanter's 3 ball is legit.

i would be ok with that......but i was pretty sure burks would start when we aquired foye.

I was 100 percent sure burks would start last year.

Im not counting any *****.... errr chickens before they hatch

Eh...you can make anyone a good 6th man with the 5th pick in this draft. If management thinks Smart is the BPA then Burke should be immediately dealt or packaged. Lets not beat around the bush and try to make everyone happy.

i would be ok with that......but i was pretty sure burks would start when we aquired foye.

I was 100 percent sure burks would start last year.

Im not counting any *****.... errr chickens before they hatch

I knew Burks was doomed the day we signed Foye.

Eh...you can make anyone a good 6th man with the 5th pick in this draft. If management thinks Smart is the BPA then Burke should be immediately dealt or packaged. Lets not beat around the bush and try to make everyone happy.

Depends on what you're getting in return for Trey. I'm not one to just give up on a young, high draft pick like that. You go with BPA and figure the rest out later.

Trade Trey to the Magic for the #12 pick, package #12 and #23 into the 7 or 8 range. Then you can get Smart at #5 and maybe Gordon at #7 or #8.

Prediction: Utah trades the #5 and #23 for Orlando's #4. Utah takes Exum at the Four and Orlando takes Marcus Smart at the Five.

Sensible, except that Utah slighted the magics summer league so I doubt they want to help the jazz for Meryl the 23 red pick.