What's new

Marvin Williams for Luol Deng

phippsj

It's summer and I am entitled to at least one completely irrational post.

Apparently extension talks between Deng and the Bulls have broken down. Just in time for the Jazz to offer Marvin Williams to bring back Deng (although he'd probably want an extension as part of that trade, and I don't think we would want to do that because if he was not asking a lot then the Bulls would not be balking).

Hey... it's summer (although I'm in Ottawa right now and it has felt a bit more like the typical Texas winter up here).

As far as they thread goes, I wouldn't want Deng. He is probably asking more than the bulls are willing to give and he just isn't a cornerstone player. No need to throw much money at him when we potentially have better prospects coming our way. Better to stand pat and wait and see what the next season brings. But we do need to try to lock down Hayward and Favors to extensions. Bette than letting the market price them out of our plans. We are more likely to get a deal on them now than next year.

As far as they thread goes, I wouldn't want Deng. He is probably asking more than the bulls are willing to give and he just isn't a cornerstone player. No need to throw much money at him when we potentially have better prospects coming our way. Better to stand pat and wait and see what the next season brings. But we do need to try to lock down Hayward and Favors to extensions. Bette than letting the market price them out of our plans. We are more likely to get a deal on them now than next year.

This.

Ottawa? Why?

I am a sales engineer for a cyber security company, I travel all over. Germany and Belgium next month. If i could find more business in SLC I could get paid to take clients to Jazz games.

Ottawa is actually a very nice city.

He's too vet and uninjured for our team. Corbin would play him over someone. This ... must ... not ... happen.

I am a sales engineer for a cyber security company, I travel all over. Germany and Belgium next month. If i could find more business in SLC I could get paid to take clients to Jazz games.

i fix broked kias. i never get to go to jazz games.

stg sux.

Oh, yes. Yes I am. I am ready for it, though I am going to be DVR'ing half of the season this year.
As long as I don't miss an episode.

What exactly is a sales engineer? Is it just a fancier term for salesman?

Sales engineering is a hybrid of sales and engineering that exists in industrial and commercial markets. Buying decisions in these markets are made differently than those in many consumer contexts, being based more on technical information and rational analysis and less on style, fashion, or impulse. Therefore, selling in these markets cannot depend on consumer-type sales methods alone, and instead it relies heavily on technical information and problem-solving to convince buyers that they should spend money on the seller's products or services, in order to meet a business need (that is, to satisfy a business case). A sales engineer is thus both "a salesperson that understands and can apply engineering" and "an engineer that understands how to sell engineered systems". They thus not only sell but also provide advice and support. They provide this service to various internal or external customers, and they may work for a manufacturer (servicing its industrial-account/business-to-business customers), for a distributor (which in turn services the industrial-account/business-to-business customers), or for a third party such as an engineering consultancy or a systems integrator.

The essence of the sales engineering role can be called by various names. Which name is most apt can even depend on which industry it is used in.[1] Some common job titles that involve the essence of sales engineering include sales engineer, systems engineer, customer engineer, (pre-sales) consultant, technical account manager;[1] applications engineer or field applications engineer, and others. The term systems engineering has various shades of meaning, however, as it is often more or less synonymous with industrial engineering; but in any market economy, industrial engineers will often end up providing some sales engineering as a necessary portion of their work. Service technicians in industrial fields may also find that their work challenges them to provide some sales engineering, to whatever extent they are capable of providing it, because they interface with customers having problems with equipment (or lacking the right equipment) and seeking solutions (anywhere from diagnosis and repair, to identifying entirely different systems that could be used instead).

I don't hate the idea of deng for marvin. Even with no extension deng would be am pretty awesome talent. And allow Hayward tonplay anlittle more 2