What's new

Mavs or Warriors? Who do we want 1st round?

Who do you want in Round 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MT Steve

Contributor
Outside of the microscopic chance that the Jazz win out + the Mavs and Warriors both lose out, these are the only possible options.

Who would you rather see the Jazz face Round 1?

I dont care. I feel the same about either. If we play well we should beat either. But, we cant choke again and we need to be healthy.

Edit: It would feel a lot better to beat Warriors and we might have extra motivation against them.
The second round matchups are a bigger concern. I dont know who I prefer between those two.

For me, it all depends on Steph. If he's 100% healthy then I would definitely rather face the Mavs.
Same for me. dallas have Donkic but the rest is not as strong as GSW roster ( Klay, draymond, Poole). but it maibnly depend on us. If we play 100% and as a team, we can beat all other teams.

I think the Mavs are a better playoff team than regular season team because of Luka... I also have a hard time with his brand of whining. Draymond is insufferable as well. I really just would like Rudy to have that victory over the warriors... and if it happened experts would point to Steph being hurt... and likely be right... but I don't care. The most realistic satisfying end to this season is this team, particularly Rudy, shoving it in Draymond stupid face and then him having to go into the TNT studios all summer and bitch about it.

I don't have any fantasies of us winning a title at all... so this is the equivalent of beating the Thunder or Clippers... which was deeply satisfying and fun as hell.

I think the Mavs are a better playoff team than regular season team because of Luka... I also have a hard time with his brand of whining. Draymond is insufferable as well. I really just would like Rudy to have that victory over the warriors... and if it happened experts would point to Steph being hurt... and likely be right... but I don't care. The most realistic satisfying end to this season is this team, particularly Rudy, shoving it in Draymond stupid face and then him having to go into the TNT studios all summer and bitch about it.

I don't have any fantasies of us winning a title at all... so this is the equivalent of beating the Thunder or Clippers... which was deeply satisfying and fun as hell.
That's a perfect post.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Luka is vying with Giannis for the title of the most complete player in the NBA, but the rest of his team is garbage.

The Warriors have a good team, top to bottom, but beatable if Steph either is out or damaged - and maybe anyway, just let him get his, stop everyone else.

Basically, either team would be a good series.

Luka is vying with Giannis for the title of the most complete player in the NBA, but the rest of his team is garbage.

The Warriors have a good team, top to bottom, but beatable if Steph either is out or damaged - and maybe anyway, just let him get his, stop everyone else.

I wouldnt call the rest of the Mavs garbage.

Jalen Brunson, DFS, and Dinwiddie are really good.

Powell/Kleiber/Bullock are solid role players.

Steph has also had some mediocre playoff performances in the past. His shooting can get streaky.

Luka is so ball dominant so he will control everything. He just seems like he is more consistently great. And then he also has games where he goes nuclear.

I think the Jazz would have beaten Denver in 5 games, or maybe a sweep. Too bad we didn't take the 3rd seed.
And they'd be facing Memphis instead of Phoenix in Round 2.

Damn. For everything that's happened this season, the Jazz would have a very solid chance at the WCF had they just went 2-0 in the past week in road games they led by 16 in the 4th quarter.