What's new

Mavs vs. Heat Finals Thread

And props to Carlisle as well. Nice to see a fresh face win it all as a coach after a long time. One of the classier coaches in the league.

Lebron classy? ...............it should be a crime to even associate those two words together. :S He ran out the stadium like a little douche.

Just wanted to add my voice to those who are glad the Mavs won. I've always admired the heck out of Nowitzki and Kidd... I love Chandler's game, wish he was on the Jazz... and I also really like Terry, Barea, and Marion. Heck, even Peja... I was living in Sacramento when they were a power in the early 2000s, so it's nice to see him win one, even if he's kind of a shell now. And Carlisle... again, one of my favorite coaches, ever since he was an assistant drawing up Larry Bird's plays in Indiana, where he was one of only two assistants for Bird, and deserved that COY award at least as much as Bird did.

It's been a good night. I won't even feel as bad if the Heat manage to win next year... at least they will have suffered this humiliation first.

And props to Carlisle as well. Nice to see a fresh face win it all as a coach after a long time. One of the classier coaches in the league.

That was one tremendous coaching job. The Mavs overall were way less talented than the Heat but they beat them. It was just incredible to watch. Did he get his role players to play their roles or what? And what a job they did on defense. Everyone is ragging on Lebron, but they also held Wade in check at the same time when needed. And that is no small feat.

I knew it was over when Cardinal was planted outside the circle for 10 minutes, Wade plowed his way into him, was called for a charge, and then T-ed up.

After nearly a month of being able to crash into anyone and receive the call... And after nearly a month of being able to make whatever gesture and screaming rampage at the ref( that new gesture rule is complete fail. They'll T up Millsap during the reg season for clapping his hands for 10 seconds while only 10 people watch the Jazz take out the tpups and yet will ignore Wade screaming at the refs for 10 minutes in the playoffs over globally broadcast game. Which is more disrespectful? Ridiculous). Finally, Wade was called..

At that point, I knew it was over. Even the refs started calling the game the way it should have been called. They knew that even with bogus calls they couldn't save the Heat's season.

I'm glad it's over. Now my manbits can go back into hibernation while I watch baseball .

daddydirk.jpg

I knew it was over when Cardinal was planted outside the circle for 10 minutes, Wade plowed his way into him, was called for a charge, and then T-ed up.

After nearly a month of being able to crash into anyone and receive the call... And after nearly a month of being able to make whatever gesture and screaming rampage at the ref( that new gesture rule is complete fail. They'll T up Millsap during the reg season for clapping his hands for 10 seconds while only 10 people watch the Jazz take out the tpups and yet will ignore Wade screaming at the refs for 10 minutes in the playoffs over globally broadcast game. Which is more disrespectful? Ridiculous). Finally, Wade was called..

At that point, I knew it was over. Even the refs started calling the game the way it should have been called. They knew that even with bogus calls they couldn't save the Heat's season.

.....this series was reffed much fairer than the previous Mav's/Heat finals back in 2006. Of course, the Mav's got bailed out somewhat when the Heat missed about 15 free throws in game 6! But overall, I thought the series was reffed fairly even. Still alot of "phantom" fouls on some drives to the basket.

Fortunately the refs called a few charges on Wade and Lebron before the series was over, or Miami would likely have won again.
I credit this website for changing the course of history.

If the games were always called this fair, Stockton, Malone, Amare, Nash, Barkley, and many other greats would also likely have had their day in the sun.
Miller, KJ, Mutumbo, etc. It's a long list. Those are just some of the ones I enjoyed watching the most, but there were a lot of excellent teams over the years that were good enough, if only.

Whether people want to acknowledge Tim Donaghy's accusations or not.

One cannot honestly say that some games weren't rigged.

Game 6 Lakers vs Kings?
Game 6 Jazz vs Bulls?
I remember the 76ers being screwed a number of times against the Lakers in the Finals.
Mavs vs Heat in 06.

Those were just off the top of my head.

Whether people want to acknowledge Tim Donaghy's accusations or not.
One cannot honestly say that some games weren't rigged.
Game 6 Lakers vs Kings?
Game 6 Jazz vs Bulls?
I remember the 76ers being screwed a number of times against the Lakers in the Finals.
Mavs vs Heat in 06.
Those were just off the top of my head.
'98 Bulls/Pacers Game 4 (in Indiana's favor to extend series)
'07 Suns/Spurs Game 3
'08 Jazz/Lakers Game 5