What's new

Mavs vs. Heat Finals Thread

I'm pulling for the Mav's, of course.....but just hope that the winning team has more assists than turnovers....and can shoot 45% rather than 35% from the field. I will accept 25% from 3 point land! Personally, LOCKOUT 2012 can come soon enough for me!

After 06 and those BS calls Wade got, I'm for the Mavs all the way. Plus, I really don't want to see Lebron win a ring. It's the last thing he needs for his ego right now. I'd love to see a hard working player like Dirk win a ring. He's been the franchise of the Mavs and never once pulled the, "Get me talent or I'm gone" card.

Mavs deserve the win and Dirk worked really hard for it, the Heats presence is just sickening and Lebron is a giant turd. Why analysts don't even consider Dirk a top 30 player of all time is beyond me, hopefully Dirk can prove them wrong.

Dallas has 5 or 6 guys that might well have won a ring already if the games were called fair.

I hope they win this time.

GO MAVS. I am voting for a 4 game sweep with the last game won by 40. Kind of like the Lakers series against Dallas.

Mavs in 7. Redemption for Ze German.

This is the first Finals I've been interested in since the Pistons in '04.

Everybody in America except a few Floridans probably want the Mavs to win.

Dirk deserves it sure, but lets not forget Jason Kidd who has been to the Finals twice. I didnt see a mention of his name here.

Its quite a tough task for the Mavs without homecourt(and without Caron Butler) and with the 2-3-2 format, and I would'nt be surprised if they dont win this thing. But like a million others I'd be pulling hard for them. A part of me would also be insidiously hoping that LeDouche sprains his ankle in Game 5, while Butler makes a comeback.

Stevenson has been in the league since 2000, and on some good teams.
This is Barea's 6th season with Dallas.
Chandler has played on some good teams in New Orleans.

Some of those teams might also have gotten lucky one year if the games were called even, and the Kobes, LeBrons, Phil Jacksons and Pat Reilly's of the world didn't get a big edge.